Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I would like some help trying to find something really special for my dad. Back in the early 90's he had a 1984 Celica GTS notchback It was the same car he met my mom in. He always talks about wanting to find another one but he really wants it to be as close to the one that he had as possible.
I don't really know anythings about these cars(I'm a Datsun guy:wink:) so I'm just going to list everything I know about his car and try to hopefully find something that matches.

So, here's all I know
All Original
Factory red paint
5 speed
Power steering and brakes
Manual locks and windows
AC
No sunroof
black interior
AM/FM cassette player
Lumbar support in the seats
22r engine

I'm in Southern Maryland and I won't mind traveling a little

·
Registered
1 Posts
84 Celica GT-S

Hello there,

My name is Ryan Slater, and I just joined this Forum. My father had a second hand Toyota dealership for nearly 50 years in Waterloo, Iowa. I did body work for him while in high school and college. He dissolved the business about ten years ago. I still have several parts for Toyotas, so I am going to get on here and list some. I restore Celicas from time-to-time and completed an 83 Celica GT-S last year. These cars are popular on the coast but not so much here in the corn belt. My car is red, 5 speed, and no sunroof. It has power locks and windows which is different from your fathers. Its been five years since you put up your post but just letting you know I likely have the car you are looking for. Other than headlights and door handle style, the 83 and 84 are identical. Let me know if interested.

Ryan (319) 830-6543

1 - 2 of 2 Posts