Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>What is the darkest % tint u can get that is legal? What whould be the best window tint for a 2000 spectral blue celica GT-S?Thanx for your help and time</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>dunno what it is there but here.

95 - present  is 35% which sucks
pre 94 is 18% which is pretty nice

you can get a 5% done which looks AWESOME but is just outright illegal.</font>

·
Registered
20 Posts
<font color='#000000'>in north carolina the limit is 35%, my car is going to be 34.6% when i get them tinted this week.
it just depends on where you live, ask your local inspection station and they will be able to tell u.</font>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I get pulled over every time I'm in my car for tint, Jersey it's illegal for ANY tint from the shoulders forward, but I pretend to not know what they are talking about  :p  Pull up your state statutes on the net.</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Don't tint your windows, unless you have something to hide...
Personally I like getting jocked by the chicas
</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
<font color='#000000'>its 35% in Mass.  but if you go a bit darker u prolly aren't gunna get pulled over, it's not like the guy's gunna carry around a light meter on him.  Unless u have, as previously stated, the blatently illegal, very cool 5%</font>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Originally posted by Mr.J@Jan. 07 2003,11:08
<font color='#000000'>Don't tint your windows, unless you have something to hide...
Personally I like getting jocked by the chicas
</font>
<font color='#000000'>:laugh:  I get jocked by chicas too, since most think it's a guy that would drive my car..... their faces when I get out is the best, have to bring my digital one day  ;)</font>

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
<font color='#000000'>35% is the legal limit in CT.  I got 35% on the sides, and 20% on the back window.  The guy installing them said that I could get by with the 20% as long as the side windows were legal.  I think it looks pretty cool, you can't see through the car from the front or back, and it makes the inside a lot darker.</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts