Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>[/QUOTE]is it better to swap an 5sfe to and 3sgte ?or turbo the 5sfe ? im not really going for huge amonts of power i wan to make my car show ( yet still fast ) soifi was to turbo the 5sfe would it be worth it  

oh and i found this great body kit from carcept at180 but they dont have a us store i think ( didnt find one ) does any one know where or how i can get one ?
thanks for yout ime and help</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>3sgte swap.
turboing a 5sfe isnt as easy as people make it look, its not just bolt on the exhast manifold and turbo and go, the head gasket cant hold boost, the compression ratio is to high, the injectors are to small, the ecu doesnt retard for boost. the amp sensor goes crazy at 5psi. bottom end isnt that strong. there is a lot of things that has to be changed to make it run smoothly and reliably. so I would do the swap and work that engine, that engine is strong enouph to push 400whp without taking it apart. i know someone pushing 550whp out of one with stock internals. the 5sfe wouldnt be able to do that. inless it was torn apart and everything was replaced.
about the body kit get me a link if i like what i see Ill look into being a us dealer for them, im still looking to get a distributor for body kits.</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts