Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1981 Celica and have been astonished to discover that I cannot get anything for it; even basic parts. I need a radiator? Nope. Steering gear? Nope. Intake hose? Nope.

I just got the car and am already beginning to consider removing this entire engine and drive train and putting something more modern in so that I can actually get parts for it. Before that mess, please list some websites that have parts for these second generation cars! I have tried every helpful site I can think of, but no one seems to have anything specific; just universal engine parts.

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Know the feeling. Last week I spoke with a parts guy at the local well established Toyota dealer and he echoed the same. Said those of us who have the older models buy parts if we find them now, even if not needed.
Try these if you haven't yet.
I found out the hard way that going on-line and buying aftermarket parts that say "this will fit your car" isn't always true.

ToyoDIY.com: Online Toyota, Lexus and Scion Parts Catalog
Online OEM Toyota Part Superstore | OEM Genuine Parts
Great info! I haven't seen either of these websites, so I really appreciate your help. I'm studying some old auto repair books in preparation to start rebuilding irreplaceable parts, but I hope these websites will save me some time! I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
No need to thank, I didn't "find" these sites. they were provided by Sefiro over the course of discussions. He's the resident all around guru. That's what's nice about these discussion forums to share and pass along any info that might be helpful. I bookmark any site that might come in handy for future work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts