Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#990000'>Well..Lately I've been very, very busy trying to fix this, fix that, get up to date on this, and buy that
For those of you who DON'T know..I managed to slide into a concrete block(Not my fault, Damn Low Pros! If you don't believe me, ask!)...Anyways yea..So I'm getting it repaired on the 15th..Getting Clear Corners, Bumpers, and new brighter headlights..The damage wasn't even actually bad..Maybe like 750-800? The bumper was broke and so was the corner light..But other than that and a few scuffs..No biggy..Anyways..With most things out of the way now I hope to check in here more often...Can't leave all my buddies behind
I have pictures too..I'm to tired to link it all right now so I'll do it tomorrow hopefully..Anyways..tty all soon!</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>Howd ya crash???  I slid off sideways into a ditch doing 80.. but it was my fault..  but at least you're alright! Oh yea you got yourself a pretty sweet ride man!  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yeah nobody's noticed you gone and nobody cares.

just kiddin.  hope you're alright frost, get those pics of that ride once it's fixed so we can all bask in its glory.</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Chris-there you go, calling chicks "man" again.. *lmao* nah, you're lucky this time... Frosty is a guy... well... kinda.  :D

Yayyyyy! Frosty! we missed you!  :grin:</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>hahahaha funny luv, check now thank you very much :laugh:</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font color='#990000'>Hah thx for the warm welcome back everyone, you too spiffy

Yea..as soon as I get my clear corners on, and get my rims done..The pictures will be up in all glory
</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#990000'>6Gen: Well I was coming up to a corner, and it was raining hard(Anyone with low pros knows thats bad)..so my tires were hydroplaining like mad..I was slippin n stuff everywhere..Then I came to the corner to slow down..tapped my brake and the car started to slide..

Really sucked..Halfway through the slide I was like, Son of a *****</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>FROSTY!!!!! YAY!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!! (((HUG))) :grin:   I've been wondering where you were...  Sorry to hear about the crash but glad to hear it was nothing serious.  I never had a hydroplaning problem with my lo-pro high performance yokohamas, but I DO with my reg high performance Goodyears  :eek:o: Glad to see you back around!    :D</font>

·
Registered
85 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Ha, I come and visit cos' I haven't been here for a while and find out neither has Frosty, bad luck bro.
I've had some close calls lately, but it's part of the learning curve, but anywayz I'm not going to start a new topic cos' I haven't been around (unlike some, sorry  :D ) but yeah the decision is pretty much made and I'm in the process of saving money, but the 3s-gte is going to go into my baby, Yay, should be starting the project at the end of the year.
See Ya</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty66@Oct. 06 2003,9:45
<font color='#000000'>(Anyone with low pros knows thats bad</font>
<font color='#000000'>it has nothing to do with the profile of the tyre.. infact assuming your are running a light weight rim the lower the profile the better the control though less sidewall flex. but this is usually offset by the fact most larger rims are like boat anchors.

what tyres are you running... a tyre in a 40series profile will have the same water dispersment and grip levels as the same tyre in 55 series.

if your tyres are worn you will find they grip very poorly in the wet as they cant evacuate enough water.. at 100km/h you need to evacuate 6L/sec from ech tyre else motoring becomes boating..

hate to say it but the slide and the crash was most probaly casued from going too fast  for the conditions
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I'm tellin' ya guys, Toof is the KING of all things rim and tire

Cooba:  YAY! You have to keep us upadated on the 3sgte install all the way through, and give us lots of pics
 Sounds awesome, and we're glad to see you around, even though a lot of us havn't been around much either  :blush:</font>

·
Registered
85 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Yep just visiting briefly,
I agree with toof, why the hell do we pay more for low profiles than standard radials? To look good? No
Sorry I'm very busy at the moment I'm still saving for the 3s-gte. work and all so next year the project will start.
But the other day I got to drive a R32 skyline
GREAT FUN vrrm psst te te te past everyone, I'm going to like having a turbo engine.
I shall be back some day</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>HELL YEAH!  It's just SO nice to feel "low profile" slipping off your tongue, to be able to say it to people when they ask what kind of tire you have

So you guys say that low-pros are no-go?  Not worth the extra money or whatever?  Please keep me informed  and enlightened cuz I might get new tires soon!

Keep us posted on the swap, it's gonna be great!

Mmmmm, skyline *drool*   :upside:</font>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts