Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 88 celica ST with the 3S-FE engine. I recently , replaced the head and put everything back. I found this white connector that is with the Distributor , idle air , throttle position connectors. I have searched everywhere for wiring diagrams pictures and what not for where this thing goes. I dont remember disconnecting it. If anyone knows where this goes to or can point me in the right direction or scan some wiring diagrams from the factory service manual. Or give a link to a pdf service manual that will be great!(dont know why the image is censored)
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't have any diagrams for the 3s but the only ones I can find for a 5s with three wire connections are for the throttle position sensor. There must be another wire hanging around somewhere maybe near the firewall?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh good the forums are not 'dead'!

I don't have any diagrams for the 3s but the only ones I can find for a 5s with three wire connections are for the throttle position sensor. There must be another wire hanging around somewhere maybe near the firewall?
Maybe I am taking a look right now. I took out Celeste out for a test drive and she stalled on me(Thankfully not too far from where I lived). I checked the fuses and the EFI 15 amp fuse broke so I replaced that. I restarted the car and it would crank but not start. Popped the extra fuses I had. That connector may also be a ground to a fuel thing idk.
There is a local shop called Toyota Pro near where I live if I can get my car up and running I am going there to have them checked out.
The connector could be a weird ground. I have a Haynes manual with wiring diagrams but it is super duper hard to read. I am going to keep looking.
Also I found a website for the wiring diagrams but most of the pictures is broken.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so it goes to an input or sensor. I did some metering on it. Maybe it has something to do with the IGN or EFI. Because it might have arced and blown the fuse. Luckily , I found a big box of extra fuses. I covered the white connector with electrical tape replaced the fuse and bam the car started right up. I also noticed cyl 1 fuel injector wire is crushed by the valve cover. That could also be the cause of the short or it running sorta okay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay fixed the fuel injector wire. Got half way down my neighborhood and then engine stalled. Tried to see if the fuel pump is working by jumping the Fp and B+ on the diagnostics port under the hood with the IGN on. sparked the jumper wire and blew out the fuse. looking into seeing if my relay is bad.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I feel your frustration. Been down that road myself. Just wondering if any of these problems were happening before you replaced the head. If not, ya just gotta really take a break, a few beers, a deep breath and not get so consumed. Did you change any components along with the head? Distributor, sensors, vacuum lines etc.?
I know it's too late now but before you start another project take lots and lots of pictures inside and out.
Maybe this might help, not exactly what you are looking for but it's a link that I keep handy,

1990-1993 (Gen 5) Toyota Celica Electrical Wiring Diagram- Celicatech.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! None of these problems happened before i replaced the head. I do have a new distributor. I can put the old one back on. I dont think that is the problem though. I still cant find that stray connector. I did fix a fuel injector wire problem. I do have a minor exhaust leak.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the white connector has a BLUE(L) and a BROWN(BR) wires connected to it. @Sea-J if you want to help me tag team and look all over wiring diagrams to find a blue and brown wire that goes anywhere near the water outlet , dizzy(distributor) , Throttle, that would be great!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Looked under my hood everywhere and there are no white connectors in sight. Lots of gray but nothing with light blue and brown wires.

Sorry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looked under my hood everywhere and there are no white connectors in sight. Lots of gray but nothing with light blue and brown wires.

Sorry.
Hm okay. Thanks a lot for checking though! I am going to focus on finding the short in my efi electrical system. Sorry for late reply i took a week off from this whole thing been working at it non stop for a straight month and a half.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 88 celica ST with the 3S-FE engine. I recently , replaced the head and put everything back. I found this white connector that is with the Distributor , idle air , throttle position connectors. I have searched everywhere for wiring diagrams pictures and what not for where this thing goes. I dont remember disconnecting it. If anyone knows where this goes to or can point me in the right direction or scan some wiring diagrams from the factory service manual. Or give a link to a pdf service manual that will be great!(dont know why the image is censored) View attachment 32068 View attachment 32069

1 - 14 of 14 Posts