Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Hey i have an 86 celica that i would like to put a 3sgte into it. Any info on the engine and or the wut i will need to do to complete the swap. I would appreciate any info you could give me thank you.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>This has been discussed a lot, do a search for 3stge and you'll find a lot of stuff on this that has been talked about before.  After if you still have questions try getting in touch with redswan, Jhull or Celica(XIV), they are quite knowledgeable on this. Welcome and good luck!  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>alright ill try to do that and thanks for the help</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font color='#000000'>i have another question. My car has the 2se motor not the 3sfe will the engine mounts still mach up with the 3sgte? if not how much time and money would it be to change them?</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font color='#000000'>another thing i just thought about how much work is it to convert over to a manual transmission? cuz ill be doin that as well thanks again for the help</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>what engines were made in that year? you emailed me and i forgot to get back to you.</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i dont know what kinda dialogue you two have been having via e-mail, but let me throw this at you, oem mounts for an s block will run you a little over $300 usd for the four. hopefully youre getting somewhere anarchist. later</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for the help the 3sfe and the 2se were the motors that came in the 86 mine has the 2se and i wanted to know if the 3sgte would bolt to the oe 2se mounts. If anyone knows i would apreciate it and i would also appreciate if anyone has a suggestion as to where i could get a 3sgte for a good price with the tranny and ecu?</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts