Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Just got a 2000 GTS today,

But I need to know how big of an improvement an intake is which is better Injen or AEM? Are they any others?

How much of an improvement is an exhaust? Is the TRD system nice?

Any other upgrade ideas? this car is much slower than my MR2 that needs to change!

Kyle</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Injen is the best, there are a ton of intakes though but AEM and Injen are the top two.

TRD is probably one of the best exhaust systems you could get.  If I had the cash this is the one I'd get.  Also look into the other two popular ones HKS and Tanabe.

If you want a great upgrade get the Blitz supercharger.</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>As much as I hate to contradict mR.J  
 (Even though I will buy him a drink at the vegas meet.) AEM is the best! My intake fits straight down to the where the grill opens opens up infront of the car. (More then enough cold air to provide for the celica.) I have the TRD exhaust, and its out standing!  
If you live in the south, I'd tell you to buy the TRD exhaust and come come over, so we can put it on....(After all CJ. on the site does it. lol )</font>

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font color='#000000'>What was the gain like for just an intake? are we talking 2-3 hp? or 10? Ive seen generic intakes on ebay for about $60 for the GTS anyone use one of these?

Blitz supercharger sounds like a sweet deal however its probably more than $3,000 knowing how expensive the Blitz line is.

I wish I lived in the south, But until I move into warmer weather just think of me as holding down the fort in MN, keeping the highways ALL Toyota
</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Ticketboy:  Go ahead and contradict me, the only reason I said Injen was better is because I like the name better.  The dyno sheets I've seen show similair gains.  AEM is definately easier to install and it provides better torque numbers.  Injen has better hp numbers.  The comparison below is with a TRD exhaust system.

Here's the Injen dyno:

Here's the AEM dyno:
</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts