Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Whats the fastest you people have gone in your ride?
I took my 03 GTS up to 120mph the day I got my license plates.  I was riding home on the NJ Turnpike and I had a wide open lane so i was like.. eh why not?  I gunned it but eventually had to slow down because there were too many cars around.</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>I had mine to 145mph, I will try to bury the needle tomorrow night when I refill my bottle. I'm curious to see if the needle bounces or anything...Or if there a safty gov. or something.  :cool:  
</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>about 225km (~140mi) w/ just two ppl in the car

w/ 4 ppl in the car  i start to shudder and be a bit short of power at about 165</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Originally posted by TicketBoy@Feb. 20 2003,9:16
<font color='#000000'>I had mine to 145mph, I will try to bury the needle tomorrow night when I refill my bottle. I'm curious to see if the needle bounces or anything...Or if there a safty gov. or something.</font>
<font color='#000080'>I think the limiter is 140 but please prove me wrong
</font>

·
Registered
16 Posts
<font color='#000000'>115MPH.  I was following a Corvette down the highway.  He had a Radar alarm and jammer and told me to follow him.  I may have been able to go faster, but we ran into traffic and had to slow down.

I used to work at a Toyota/Lexus/BMW/Porsche dealership, and I got up to 165 in a 996 turbo before I hit the curves.  That was not my personal ride though, so it probably doesn't count.</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>QUOTE
I think the limiter is 140 but please prove me wrong[/B]
Are you sure about that? I've had it past 140 thanks to a steep hill. And was shy at 145, the engine was REALLY stressing in the rpm range though, but it was all engine and nothing being shot in. I was thinking to use a full bottle to give it that extra kick while in 130, then I should easily hit 150mph.. But its raining today and also tomorrow so I can't try it yet...Maybe its a sign!  :laugh:</font>

·
Registered
53 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I have gotten my stock 1988 w/Auto up to thelimiter witch i think is like 113   and my friend has a 1986 245DL Station wagon Volvo, we got it up too around 120 completely STOCK not even a Higher flow Air Filter
it was crazy
the Volvo and my celi with auto were about even every race</font>

·
Registered
20 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Going down 95  from Myrtle Beach, S.C. to Jacksonville, Fl. , i`ve done 120mph. in my 92 GT/w auto.  The trip itself usually takes 5 hours.....but i`ve done it 3. A good excuse that I used to use (when I was still in the navy) whenever I got pulled by a cop for speeding..... I`d just tell them that my ship just did a recall, and that I had to get my butt back ASAP!!! They always let me go!  :cool:</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>pitty if your driving inland
</font>

·
Registered
20 Posts
<font color='#810541'>It is now.....especially being that i`m out of the navy now, and that i`m also living in Las Vegas. So....... now i`ve gotta just trust myself to fate and luck!!
</font>

·
Registered
11 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I think about 170 was the highest ive ever taken my car.  I dont push it that hard often.

93 RX-7 R1. Too many mods to list.  :D</font>

·
Registered
98 Posts
<font color='#000000'>my firend drive all tract and went up to 160 u think that was fast other friend passed my friend with MR2</font>

M

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>It was around 1 in the morning and I had just left my gf house feelin' on top of the world.  Heading east before the transition to the 202 towards scottsdale (home) I saw a pack of 6 Guys on Crotch-rockets.  I was crusin at a cool 70 (the speed limit was 55) But I knew if I wanted to catch up to them I was going to have to speed up.  I dropped it into fourth and slowly creped up without looking obvious like I wanted to race... I mean come on, these are 180mph + bikes, I knew I had no chance.  By the time I caught up to them we were doing close to 90 (on a 55).  I had the top down so they could see I was Eye Ballin' the chick on the back.  The guy on the bike got alittle pissed off so he sped up and so did the rest of them.  Sitting back for a second I decided to take my car to the limit, but knowing there was no chance I could ever beat anyone of the speed junkies.  I filipped it back in to fourth and waited almost till red line and jumped into 5th.  They saw I was closing the gap and allowed to met up with them again, staring at the chick on the back once more, the driver motioned his hand over to the right and 2 seconds later 3 of the six bikes were on my right side, at this point were dodging through cars at 118mph (knowing that if a cop happen to get on the fwy and see all of us pass by... Guess who would be the one to get popped???  At the moment I did care, I was racing with 6 bikes doing 115+.  After traffic was long gone and nothing but open road was ahead, each bike took off as if I was standing still, and they did it just to let me know I never had a chance.  At that moment, I had the biggest adrinaline rush in my life.</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hey ive done 115 in my 85' gt-s and i was only at 5250 rpms. my celica doesn't redline until 7250.  :cool: my car is totally stock. wow it was fun, i'll try for faster once i get my new clutch put in.
</font>

·
Registered
48 Posts
<font color='#000000'>about 125mph in my 94 Celica with 4 people in the car, racing an 2002 cavalier, he max out at 105 before the saftey gov. kicked in.  then i slowed down in fear of the cops and my parents if i got caught.
</font>

1 - 20 of 164 Posts