Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000080'>:laugh: My friend got up to 123mph at 6000rpm in 5th on the Freeway (85) in my 86' GT-S...  How fast have some of you gone before???</font>

·
Registered
52 Posts
<font color='#000080'>120... thats the factory max in 5th gear... i'm drivin on a highway (55) in my beat up 88 st (no exaust system at all)</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>I have had mine up to 130 and was past the red.  My uncle is a state patrol officer and used the radar gun to show the speed</font>

·
Registered
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i got up to 115 in my mom's 2000 Corolla CE (or whatever the cheapest model is called)!  When i got home i told her about it  :laugh: , and she said that her car doesnt go that fast.  Then i told her that the speedometer goes up to 120, so obviously it can go to 115.  She said that was just for decoration and that it cant go that fast.  It was really funny, she is pretty ignorant, at least she doesnt believe me so i never got in trouble for it.  

well back to Celicas, i have only been able to get to 100 in my 91 GT, this is really pushing it b/c i had to stop at a stoplight a few seconds after i got to 100.  I havent found a road long enought to top out at so untill then......</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>I woke up in Vermont on the way to Okemo, my friend was driving, needle was buried(past 120), at about 5 1/2 grand.  Held it out for about 15 min too...   Can't believe the damn thing is still running to tell you the truth.  

Oh, some kid at a bass off claimed that he got his to 132 and then the tranny shut off, anybody ever heard of that?</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>I've been over 130(by a mile or 2) 3 times in my '87 GT-S, it didn't top out, I just had to slow down for the 35mph corner....oh yeah, it has great breaks too
 ....this car had 36k miles when I got it  year ago and it's only up to 48 now....and counting</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i had my 86 gt-s up to 120 and then decided that was good for now. Ill have to go faster soon.
</font>

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
<font color='#000000'>1990 Blue Pearl GT

my friends road is almost like a runway with a curve, i regularly hit 105-110 every time i head over. can't seem to get past that tho. I hit at least 130 in a V6 probe..</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Sweet  

Oh btw the sig doesn't use html, you have to use the image tags like so:

[IMG*]http://www.angelfire.com/psy/puleo/celica.jpg[/IMG*]

Just remove the asterisks (*), I had to put them in there for it to show
</font>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
115, but the gov hits and i cant get past it..still pulls hard like crazy too...damn governor. When im comming home from school im cruzing at 110 for about 45 minutes with no problems, but i guess cause i live in OK and theres no curves cause theres nothing to go around...

its nice to set the cruise at 110 and just sit back

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Celestial: glad you got the sig figured out!

Vtec: Too bad... I've never been able to top out, I got up to 125, close to 130 but I had to slow down cuz the road curved ahead so I wouldn't be able to see any cops lying in wait... they'd have torn up my license doing 130 in a 55
I doubt I'd have been able to go much higher anyways.

Damn, are there no cops on that road over? Cruise at 110, I'm jealous!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
in my gt i went 115 and in the gt-s yesterday i was goin to take my mom out for her b-day and my dad lost me in the traffic ( hes a really aggesive driver) so i had to catch him i got up to 115 in the gt-s it way at like 4 .k i think but i havent topped oout on ither

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah well i know celicas are fast its not like i have to prove it ! + i dotn really liek to push my baby like that u know

·
Registered
425 Posts
im too scared to try and go faster than 100+mph i think my engine would blow up

1 - 20 of 47 Posts