Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#990000'>Alright, I'll be getting my car soon, and as for the basics of what every kid usually gets, what do you think I should put on my car first?
(1991 Toyota Celica GTS)</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<font color='#990000'>I was thinking for the first few things:

Tint, Exhaust, System, Lowered(Maybe?), Rims

Which first though
</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i'd do intake, strut bars, exhaust, rims + lower at the same time, and with all the extra money you have left over do the tint and stereo.</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by stspiffy@May 21 2003,9:17
<font color='#000000'>i'd do intake, strut bars, exhaust, rims + lower at the same time, and with all the extra money you have left over do the tint and stereo.</font>
<font color='#990000'>Intake is over rated

I'll get strut bars once I lower the vehicle..Then I can get ones that will work better once it's lowered.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty66+May 21 2003,1:35-->QUOTE (Frosty66 @ May 21 2003,1:35)
<font color='#000000'><!--QuoteBegin-stspiffy
@May 21 2003,9:17
i'd do intake, strut bars, exhaust, rims + lower at the same time, and with all the extra money you have left over do the tint and stereo.
Intake is over rated

I'll get strut bars once I lower the vehicle..Then I can get ones that will work better once it's lowered.</font>[/B]
<font color='#000000'>yes but they're cheap.  you realize that if you don't have an intake you won't see much performance out of your exhaust..</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by Ralph96gt@May 21 2003,9:55
<font color='#000000'>yeah it sucks up a lot more air and if you get a bigger throttle you gain more hp</font>
<font color='#000000'>yup.  if you do exhaust without intake your backpressure is decreased.  you get nice sound, but hardly any power increase.</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Upgrade your suspension, those things have too much body roll.  At least for my tastes.  We all know you're not going to have the fastest car in the world but make sure you can out corner everyone else, that's what celicas do best!</font>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Originally posted by Mr.J@May 23 2003,12:35
<font color='#000000'>Upgrade your suspension, those things have too much body roll.  At least for my tastes.  We all know you're not going to have the fastest car in the world but make sure you can out corner everyone else, that's what celicas do best!</font>
<font color='#000000'>
First thing I noticed on my stock celica was that it needed suspension work, didn't corner well stock at all.  I'm thinking of taking out the coil overs and putting in the Eibach springs</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Celica Chick+May 24 2003,7:26-->QUOTE (Celica Chick @ May 24 2003,7:26)
<font color='#000000'><!--QuoteBegin-Mr.J
@May 23 2003,12:35
Upgrade your suspension, those things have too much body roll.  At least for my tastes.  We all know you're not going to have the fastest car in the world but make sure you can out corner everyone else, that's what celicas do best!
First thing I noticed on my stock celica was that it needed suspension work, didn't corner well stock at all.  I'm thinking of taking out the coil overs and putting in the Eibach springs</font>[/B]
<font color='#990000'>Good idea
</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty66+May 24 2003,11:13-->QUOTE (Frosty66 @ May 24 2003,11:13)
<font color='#000000'>
Originally posted by Celica [email protected] 24 2003,7:26
<!--QuoteBegin-Mr.J
@May 23 2003,12:35
Upgrade your suspension, those things have too much body roll.  At least for my tastes.  We all know you're not going to have the fastest car in the world but make sure you can out corner everyone else, that's what celicas do best!

First thing I noticed on my stock celica was that it needed suspension work, didn't corner well stock at all.  I'm thinking of taking out the coil overs and putting in the Eibach springs
Good idea
</font>[/B]
<font color='#000000'>eibach sportlines gooooooooood</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<font color='#990000'>LOL! You think I'm going to waste my hard earned cash on those things? I'm just gonna tint my lights
I just wanted to know if they existed because I've never seen them before.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yerp, i dunno about the 5th gens, but there were next to no aftermarket parts for the 6th gen.

i've never seen euros on a 5th gen before either, but i'm sure some fool out there has had them custom fabricated.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Hey Frosty... I've been looking around but not too much luck.  I checked Altezza and APC (where I got mine) and it's funny that they are pretty much nonexistent!  They have them for 4th gen and 6th, but no 5th, maybe cuz it's a long light and probably harder to make?  I remember that they didn't have taillights for mine for a while even, that's what not good about having a new or not so popular car, you can't find any parts for it!  These are for a 95-97 Lexus LS400, but they look like they might fit: http://www.procarparts.com/store/displayde...=RCTL-9597LS400
They have a lot of other accesories for 5th gen celica here: http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/90_93celica.html

Have you tried checking at a dealership?  They might have access to some stuff others don't.  Sorry I couldn't help more.  
</font>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts