Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Ok heres the problem...

My Orginal idea was to do a 5sfe turbo job........BLAH! Harder than hell to do i've heard and a waste of money.  

Well i'm down to two options.  I'm considering building the 5sfe up n/a.  This includes bore, balance, port and polish on 3sgte head(if that works on the 5sfe block), and just about anything else you can do to build a n/a motor.  I would say that once done right that motor would be awesome n/a.  One problem with this is...........i have an automatic tranny.  Will this tranny hold the power???????? Does it need to be rebuilt with more clutches in it????? What do i do about this????

The second idea is the 3sgte swap.  I love turbocharged vehicles but the problem with is that I can do the work but i have very minimal experience.  The shops in my area do not deal with forced induction.  They only do n/a motors.  The closest place i can think of would be about 100 miles away.

If I did do the swap the problem of the tranny comes back into play...........its an auto and I dont think it will hold up.

All opinions welcomed........as well as facts!!!</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>well the tranny is the first issue, Being a auto i wouldnt try to put it throught much. why not swap it when doing ur rebuild or swap? building a 5sfe isnt all that fun cause parts are very hard to get and most of them have to be made by order, so this could be a really long project. also think about your goal, as far as hp keep in mind the 5sfe is 130 and the 3sgte is 200+</font>

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>The only problem with doing the swap is that i really dont have the facilites to do that with. I'm just having a hard time deciding what i want to do.</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts