Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>how fast has anyone gone at night?

I've gone 105 on a pitch black night on a country road with just my headlights. No street illumination. It was crazy. But i knew the area so i wasnt bad.  I got to 105 and decided that was probably fast enuff. Another time i was doin 95 down a highway with lights and it was so cool because things started to blurr dur to the dim light.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ive been 148 mph in my old MR2 turbo, going down a hill, with the wind behind me,
lol. very very very scary, everything was going that fast, you cant concentrate.
never ever again!!!!!

I soon got rid of the MR2 because of all the mechanical failures, hmmm i wonder why??

Gen 5 celica all the way!!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
115 on a rural highway on the way home from my gparents house...damn governor

at least at night you really dont have to worry about popos

D

·
0 Posts
i went 105 down an unlit contry road once and turned off my headlights for a second then right back on just for kicks... scary shiast... very.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have done 110 in a race vs a all-trac he was just haning with me to show me i had no chane it was sad when he puled away at 110 this was at night on a high way

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not sure where I topped out, but I had the speedo pegged above 120 for a good 4-5 miles coming back on I-10 about 50-60 miles west of the Cali/Arizona border. Unfortunately I crested a hill to see blue lights ahead of me, and rapidly dropped back down to 70...was just thankful it was him and not me...

·
Registered
135 Posts
lol come on ppl, night is the best time to top ur baby out. i've done it a few times and its damn sweet. 120 in the middle of the night on a straight country road is one of the coolest feelings in the world. of course 150 would be better...i'll let you know when i hit that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts