Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>I own a 1990 Toyota Celica GT 2.2L 16V 5-speed. I wanna know what options I have when it comes to engine swaps or rebuilds. What are some easy mods I could do to gain some good horse power out of my ride?
I already know aobut the MR2 engine swap that is available, and I dunno if I wanna do that because isn't there alot of extra work that needs to be done to make that swap, like conversions??

anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>trying to squeeze hp outta the 5sfe isnt really worth it, you end up spending a lot of money for 5 hp here and there. wouldnt get you up to 200hp for under 2k. 3sgte swap doesnt consist of any conversions its a bolt in engine. uses the same motor mounts ect... 5sfe tranny will even bolt up to it good clutch will be needed and if you could get a 3sgte tranny I would do that over the 5sfe tranny cause its made to hold the hp. you could get a clip that should get you everything you need for the swap tranny engine sensors harness ect.... but with a price tag of about 2500-3k and bring you up to 225hp. or you could go with a engine and tranny for around 1500 and throw a ems in there to control it. in the end with a good tuning your probrolly gonna be around the same price tag but shouldnt have a problem breaking 250hp
swap a takes less time and there isnt much wiring involved.
swap b takes longer because of the dyno tune, and wiring but the gain in hp is well worth it if u ask me. plus it will take mods with no problem for the rest of its life, no need to worry about safc or any other electronic for the rest of your life. cause the ems will take care of all of it.</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts