Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>hey,

i live in australia, just bought a 93 celica sx (i realise thats its not that special but its all i could afford and it looks cool! i also dont know a lot about cars other than they are kinda cool) bought it from a little old lady, only took it out on sundays kinda thing. only has 63000km on it (not bad). im 18 and have a few rev head mates.

i also realise that its not that quick (but its red so its gotta be fast hehe).

now... i have a mate with a silvia (not sure what year, but its oldish), its got a 3 inch exaust with steel extracors, other than that its standard.

which one do you reckon is faster?
remembering i dont know much about cars.

p.s is there anything cool i can do to my new car?</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>if it's got a 3-inch exhaust it sounds like it may be the 1.8 turbo s13.  if for some reason your friend has 3-inch piping on a ca18de, he'd be losing backpressure.

any rate, if it's the s13 series, minimum hp for his vehicle is 135hp, which would be too much for your celica to handle.

check with jhull, he'd be all up in telling you how to beef up your 5th gen.</font>

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>na, its not turbo... yet

reckon id give it a run for its money tell then?</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hey robbo. just give it a go, and let us know what happens. if its not turbo i cant see anything worse than maybe he beats you then you go do a couple things to the celi and go whip is ass the second time around! later.</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts