Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#FF0000'>I read that some people use a V-6 block from GM and chop it to a 4, anyone seen that around?</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>what are you talking about? ???</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#FF0000'>They get a V-6gm block cut to where its a 4. From that they get bigger pistons, rods, valves, cam and other parts like that.. I read it in sports compact car, that some people are doing that to get more power.</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#FF0000'>I'm not sure...In the article it didn't say what cars had that kind of tweeking..</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font color='#FF0000'>I'll try to find it on their wedsite and make a link...If not I'll go back to the bookstore and scann it..</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#FF0000'>Ok I couldn't scan it, but its in the new issue of Sports Compact Car mag page 20.</font>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by TicketBoy@April 12 2003,3:11
<font color='#000000'>I read that some people use a V-6 block from GM and chop it to a 4, anyone seen that around?</font>
<font color='#000000'>I dunno.  That seems kind of odd.  They don't use V-4's in cars for a reason, most of it efficiency.  I suppose anything is possible, but highly unlikely and probably more cost than it's worth I would guess when you figure in rewiring, computer adjustments (can't just take a J-body PCM and plug it into the new 4 banger that was cut from, say, a 3800 engine, or 3400 engine).  How did it turn out in the article, btw?</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts