Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 gt auto, I've replaced the radiator, coolant temp sensor, starter, battery, plugs wires and distributor but it still won't start. It turns over but wont start, I've noticed no airflow being pulled through the intake, please help I don't know why it won't start

·
Registered
388 Posts
Air, Fuel, Ignition

Air
  • make sure throttle body, filter are clean
  • check map sensor. On the firewall with vacuum hose connected.You'll need hand held vacuum pump. It can be used to verify that the engine is supplying vacuum and to supply vacuum to the sensor while you monitor it with a meter
  • cHeck compression on each cylinder.

Fuel
- check fuel pressure. You'll needed a guage and a banjo bolt that fits into the top of the fuel filter (on driver wheel well). You can test at the pump by removing rear seat, but this won't show a problem at the filter or closer to the engine.

Ignition
  • check timing
  • with timing light, check pulse exists on each plug wire
  • check coil resistance
  • pull a plug, connect to plug wire and hold near block, crank. Confirm strong spark

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
Question. Before you did all the work with the plugs, wires, dizzy, etc. did it run?
Or did you do all those things because it didn't run?
In addition of what Sefiro stated before doing anything else try some starter fluid in the air intake/throttle body and turn it over. If it fires you know you have spark. air, and timing. Then it would be a fuel problem.
If it doesn't fire you can check the igniter and coil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts