Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am very excited to about my recent purchase. It's a 1989 toyota celica gts st162 with a gen 5 3s-ge BEAMS blacktop from an automatic toyota altezza rs200 and a ct26 turbo kit on it. Other known mods include an OPL full size radiator, mishimoto MMOC-U oil cooler, godspeed type-m intercooler, an air intake from a fourth generation 3s-ge redtop to fit being mounted transversely, and ceramic brake pads. There are some stickers in the engine bay and based on them I'm gonna guess it has ARP headstuds, a cometic headgasket, and a spec performance clutch. If you can't tell I don't have much info on this car as the person I bought it from had bought the car from a scrap yard in a state similar to the way it is right now. Needless to say this is a very non-running project. I'm sure I'll have a million questions that I will end up posting on this forum. The car is missing so many parts but the biggest one I want your guys' help with is the engine wiring harness and ecu. The way it stands now the car has neither of these and I will need to purchase them. The question is what would be the best harness to purchase for this engine? I most likely will be running a standalone ecu so I can properly utilize the dual vvt offered in the blacktop. I would love your recommendations for both wiring harness, and what ecu I should buy. I don't think an altezza rs200 harness would work well since that engine was mounted longitudinally and the wire lengths might not match up right. I suppose I could always extend the wires necessary but I want to know what you think the best option is since I am brand new to the celica/3s-ge engine scene. I was speaking with a very knowledgeable friend of mine and he said using a gte wiring harness from an mr2 turbo might work. I've already started tearing into the car and removing all the jerry rigged stuff the previous owner did. I appreciate all your help. Here's some pictures of the car (don't worry I already removed the awful ae102 corolla headlights).

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts