Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this kit through the 6gc.net website. It's made directly for the 5sfe engine. Can anyone tell me about any experiences, or anything they know or think about this product before I begin saving for this thing?

5SFE Turbo

It looks awesome. Wondering if it is. Thanks ofr any feedback at all, even if it's just a "looks cool, go for it!"

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
why would u spend that much for a kit when u can buy a new 3sgte for that price??
i dont know call me stupid but i dont like the turbo kits they make... i mean look at the price on it, aint that kinda pushing it? it doesnt even come with a intercooler...
i would save the $$ for a 3sgte clip, and get urself a reliable 225hp and a practicly new engine?? wouldnt that make more sence?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I suppose. I'd rather do something to the engine I already have though. I know that sounds like a better plan to you, but to me it sounds like too much work.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
too much work??? do u know all the work involved in this kit???
you have to add a map sensor, change the oil pan, take off the valve cover, dissconnect all the fuel lines to take off the fuel rail to change the injectors change over the exhast add all the pipes and what not, find something to get oil and coolant to the turbo ect... this is a project also i dont care what they say this will take a day or two... and another thing they upgraded injectors, but keep the ecu the same, which means u will run really rich at idle and while the turbo is not boosting, dont expect to pass emisions. i think a swap would be a better idea sence it is in the same price range, but provides another 50hp, has much better performance, is more realible, and practicly is a new engine. i mean i had my engine out in a day and put the new one in in a day, im still waiting for a part for the engine management but that only took me a day to wire so in the long run if i had that part, it would of took me 3 days to do, as opposed to ur 2 day project, but i have a new engine more hp and a 7600rpm redline..turbo kits are cool and all but will always be a rip off intill they start selling them at half price.. why do they think someone would pay that much when they could buy a hole clip for the same cost?? and atleast they would get a very important part for the turbo with the clip.... a intercooler

·
Registered
424 Posts
THE 5SFE TURBO KIT IS ACTUALLY FROM BURIEN TOYOTA UP IN SEATTLE....THE TURBO KIT IS $2500  AND DOESNT INCLUDE AN INTERCOOLER OR UHHH SOMETHING ELSE.......I AM WORKING ON A SPONSOR FROM THEM ON THIS TURBO AS SOON AS I GET IT I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW IT IS....THEY SAY IT IS A T3T4 SO IT IS A GOOD TURBO....i talked to the guy in charge over there and they ran the turbo in a camry with the 5sfe motor with 90,000 miles on it, they kept tuning up the turbo and had it about 22 pounds of boost and all it did was crack the piston.........so the motor can handle it...

·
Registered
47 Posts
uh oh i think you pissed of jeremy! hahahahaha.  but anywho...i'm going with the 3sgte swap.  fukk the turbo kit...i'm building my own engine....there's greater joy in a job well done that you did yourself and the peace of mind that you have a reliable engine under the hood that you know will perform.  oh yeah jeremy....this guy told me here (that same guy i told u about that says he has a 3sgte minus a turbo) that i can drop the 3sgte right into my existing motor mounts with a few modifications to the mounts and brackets....what do ya think about that, sir?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
i put together my turbo kit for like $1000 and it has lots of stuff. ct 26 off of the supra mr2 and gt4,instead of a turbo from a merkur xr9-ti or whatever the fuk. mine has a front mount intercooler with a fan, a trd fuel pressure regulator in stead of new injectors , an adjustable fuel cut defencer that cost $15 instead of a $100 MAP sensor, and doesnt need a new $300 oilpan. and to top it all off my turbo kit is toyota instead of fuct ford parts. i mean come on and who needs a bov for 5psi, man uy need boost and an intercooler. my kit is a lot cheaper

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Redswan...could you do me a huge favor...please email me at [email protected] with all of the parts you used as well as where you got them. It would be a huge help! I'd rather spend whatever you did instead of 2500 bucks. 1000 sounds much more affordable to me. Also, so you did it your 5sfe right? Awesome man...please email me!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Did burien toyota tell you about the car they destroyed with that kit??  That is an interesting story, the entire engine caught fire!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yah, he didn't explain that story, but I asked him some questions and he definitely didn't impress me.

·
Registered
424 Posts
as for the BURIEN TOYOTA turbo kit  i talked to the guy for about 45 minutes one day and he said only thing that broke on the camry they used for the donor motor  was crack a pistion at 22 pounds of boost.......thats what he told me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts