Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought all new bulbs and they all lit up, but the socket and the lens container holes are all wallered out and ragged from people forcing the sockets out and in. One light lens side has a crack in it and I noticed that the bulb in it was gray which usually means water got to it. So far, I haven't been able to find a drivers side rear light. So maybe you know where to look or is there some hack to make the bulbs work? I was told that the whole lighting harness unhooks and can be replaced but the local Toyota guy says you can't buy a new one. I heard wrap the bulb with electrical tape and it could work, and I guess there is some kind of glue or maybe flex tape to fix the crack. What do you think?

BobbyH

·
Registered
151 Posts
Got a picture? Are you saying that the plastic female part is cracked or enlarged? Have you looked at any online bone yards? What generation? Can't help you look for a part without more information.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1995, It's a 6th Generation Celica GT. I haven't been able to locate the lens, but yes the female and the male parts are kind of chewed looking and impossible to get some of them out without using a tool like a small screwdriver. I did once manage to get them all out of the cracked lens holder and they all it up. But, now on that lens cover, the driver's side, back--only the second light, a left turn bulb, and the brake light come on. I haven't worked on the other side, thinking fix one thing at a time. But a lot of lights are out on it too. Maybe if I just got a new pop on harness from a compatible vehicle I could maybe make the bulb holders fit better. I looked at a glue that said it would work on a cracked lens, but the temps won't get that high till next week. But, hell yeah, I'd love to buy something not wallered out so that it is a big problem. I will get a photo after I get out today.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inside view, it was missing some nuts, I found some 8mm at AutoZone and some matching washers. 1995Celicatrunkview.PNG
1995Celicatrunkview.PNG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts