Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#FF0000'>I called TRD about a supercharger today, since theres one comming out for the freakin matrix..(Same dam engine.) I was talking to the guy saying how its F****D up that toyota is totally bailing out on the celicas! Oh I'm sorry, TRD makes a header..(Ooooo exciting. lol) Anyway we got into the tech part about the matrix engine and the charger..
What he said (Him being a TRD tech dude.), said the MATRIX CHARGER WILL FIT! BUT one really funny draw back he said, is that there wasn't enough hood clearance in the celica for the charger..Because of a hood! I told him, "If I can put a TRD charger in there, I'll buy a dam hood!" lol
Besides that, according to them theres no other problems with the set up. He also said that TRD will be comming out with a charger this year for the 7th gen. celica GT's!  :oops:  lol</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>No way!!! Now how come they'll make a charger for a GT and not a GT-S?  ???
It's cool that the matrix one will fit, though that sucks about the hood... I like my hood!  What do you think would be a good fix?
And I have never seen a TRD header for a celica, anyone seen them anywhere?  Unless you mean the exhausts, I've seen them...  
</font>

·
Registered
133 Posts
<font color='#000000'>ive heard of the TRD headers. i believe the Trial headers make the bst gains for the celica</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>No sh!t?!  I'll have to check those out...   There's a brand called Trial?  TRD should be easy to find but I'll have to do a bit of searching for the other ones!
Now remind me... working backwards on a car... there's your exhaust & muffler, then your cat, then your header right?  Or am I all confused?  And the muffler itself has a header that connects to the cat right??</font>

·
Registered
133 Posts
<font color='#000000'>im not too knowlegeable on exactly how it all works. i just know the brands that do the best. i believe its exhaust & muffler, then your cat, then your header. yes Trial is a brand. i think they are like 800 dollars, i dont know for sure</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Okay I found their website, and yeah they're about $800 since they're imported from Japan.  Now, would it be prudent of me to get the header and the exhaust to be the same brand?  Like would it work better to have the header AND exhaust Trial or TRD or whatever?  Will they work better that way or will it not make a difference that my header will be Trial and my exhaust is Vibrant's Type V?  If it does work that way and TRD makes a header then I might go with them, cuz to have to buy a new exhaust and header from Trial will cost more than TRD I think, plus there's shipping and stuff too... *sigh* so much to think about
</font>

·
Registered
133 Posts
<font color='#000000'>well since the exhaust is not directily connected to the header i dont think it would matter if the brand was the same or not. trial header + what you have would probably be roughly the same as trial header + TRD or Trial exhaust. now i have no idea what kind of specs the TRD header has but i dont hear people talking about that one as much.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>True... that makes sense... but since it's damn expensive, I may go with the TRD header + my exhaust (Type V).  I'll have to check how much the TRD ones are... Damn, I'd love to get the Trial one though, if it wasn't half a world away.  I think I'd have to get a final price with shipping on both the  TRD and Trial before I make a decision though.  Thanks for all the info!  :)</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts