Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2001 Toyota Solara 2.2l 5s-fe. With 5 speed tranny

I'm looking to do some motor work/turbo anything to make it fast but I don't know weather to just do a motor swap to the 3sgte or not. I have been looking at other posts. Now I don't want the hatters saying just buy a car with it or a performance car.. I want a sleeper.Everyday driver car.
So pretty much what would I need for the 5s-fe.
Or what what I need including swap with the 3sgte or even a different motor I don't Know a whole lot about the different motors.
I Know the basics of what I would need like injectors fuel pump tuner suspension stuff like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to get 6-700hp if even possible. With a good built motor and turbo is it possible and in the range of spending 10-15k?

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I've read around here, being new myself, the 5sfe motor just isn't too great for boost on stock internals. If you're trying to make 6-700 buff ponies from the 5s, and have 10-15k to spend, the smarter route would be to swap in the 3sgte. BUT, I too am looking to build a sleeper lol so maybe check out the thread about making power from the 5sfe without forced induction, and then the thread for boosting it. I'll try to link them if I can find out how (I'm super new to this forum thing but have done quite the research lol)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts