Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was on the road and got a bad misfire due to bad spark plugs and coils. I had to get a tow home so I could replace my ignition coils and plugs, but when AAA came out they said my car was too low to tow.

My 7 Gen is completely stock as far as the suspension and 3 different trucks after 3 and a half hours all said "no, too low". Never wanting to deal with it again, I purchased a rear tow hook and installed it to the rear frame tow loop on the driver side. My question may be silly or obvious, but can my car get towed from one tow point in reverse onto a flatbed from the frame tow loop?

Thank you for the read.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Auto tran or manual?
I've had my 5 gen put on a flatbed several times (don't ask). Driver just lowered his truckbed ramp, hooked a double chain to the front tow eyes and pulled it on. Scraped the underside of the belly pan a little with the chains but cannot see it. Both auto and manual trans need to be in neutral. Too Low seems to be an excuse. Try an independent tow driver. AAA sucks with their towing setup. Either couldn't get a truck or none available. When I called an independent he came right out. AAA would only pay $35 of a $80 charge :mad:
Either way you have to get the car moved so try the single hookup. Worst is a few scrapes under the front end. IMHO of course.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto tran or manual?
I've had my 5 gen put on a flatbed several times (don't ask). Driver just lowered his truckbed ramp, hooked a double chain to the front tow eyes and pulled it on. Scraped the underside of the belly pan a little with the chains but cannot see it. Both auto and manual trans need to be in neutral. Too Low seems to be an excuse. Try an independent tow driver. AAA sucks with their towing setup. Either couldn't get a truck or none available. When I called an independent he came right out. AAA would only pay $35 of a $80 charge :mad:
Either way you have to get the car moved so try the single hookup. Worst is a few scrapes under the front end. IMHO of course.
It's automatic. I've gotten towed multiple times as well, and never experienced an issue with AAA on my Celi but this particular day they had garbage attitude and wouldn't try due to the guy previous to them calling it too low. I was curious if it’s ever makes sense to tow from the rear in the picture?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts