Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>I put a TRD exhaust on my 02' celica, and it lead me to a question..What kind of performance will I get if a took a torch and got rid of my catalytic converter??? ???  Will it mess up my back pressure or anything????  </font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000000'>man dont bother it wont make any difference for you, and you will never pass emisions without it, i cut mine back when i had the 5sfe engine in the car, and it made no difference</font>

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>I guess I won't cut the catalitic off, but its very tempting...Guess I'll half to find something else to do on the car now  :devil:  Thx for the info dude!</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000000'>get the injen cai if you don't already have it, that should net you 8-10 horse.</font>

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font color='#000000'>Excellent! SO maybe I do get to torch that thing off!!  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#000000'>CJ- Your post said your in the south. I moved to alabama and found out there is NO emission laws at all! (So check that out.) Because of that I dropped my exhaust system replaced with a TRD exhaust, header and hollowed out the cat. It sounds deeper and I have alittle more torq at the wheels.</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#000000'>By the way CJ, don't try to go too crazy with the torch.. And watch out for small fury animals  :p</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Ok don't do it!!!!! I did my times on the short mile and I was slower with a straight pipe instead of the high perf. catalitic....So you celica 7th gen. drivers..Don't do it!   :grin:</font>

·
Registered
212 Posts
<font color='#000000'>injen cai (cold air intake) dont worry about the cat unless it gets cloged then replace it with a high flow. thats what i would do, not because of a horsepower gain because there really isnt any difference, but the high flow is usually a whole lot cheaper than a oem replacement. like 1-200 bucks cheaper. the idea of getting rid of the cat is to lose back pressure wich sounds like a good idea, but if you open it up to much you will start to lose torch. you dont need to open up the exhaust to much unless you are going to be running turbo.</font>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts