Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kind of Curious...Decided to get some tint for my windows and i'm not quite sure of what percent i want where. i've for the 6th gen so it has the hatchback rear glass two small triangular sides two side windows and the windshield...Also getting an Eyebrow to cut down on glare and so my team sticker will look better

Anywho any suggestions on percents or any general information on tint would be appreciated
     Take Care
         Steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got 15% on mine, and I never get a hassle out of the cops or anything for it....never had a word said to me...The pic of mine is under the pics section, 5th gen, chris parks's medium ice blue metallic 1990 celica

M

·
0 Posts
I suggest the limo, I've been pulled over 5 times and 3 of the 5 with the 5% tint. The cops never said #### to me. The darker the better. The only downfall to black ass tint is that i have a hell of a time seeing out at night when there are no lights on the street.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When my 6th gen was shipped to me, it had 8% tint all the way around.. and two layers of it on the rear windows.  Looked great on a white car, but nobody would put a sticker on it.  (Maine is strict about this stuff)

After removing tint from my windows (what a pain in the ass that was) I'm left with an odd pattern on my window that can only be seen in the sun when looking at the windows at certain angles. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Looks sorta wavy, I guess. Anybody knows what causes this, and if it's possible to get rid of it?

M

·
0 Posts
I had those wavy lines on my rear window when I first bought the car, and car had never been tinted before I tinted it. I tried everything to get it off. Maybe it is just from aging?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts