Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#990000'>

What would be the easiest way to tint your rear lights like this?

I would say taking black paint(Car Paint) and using a lot of clear and hardener.

Suggestions?</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I talked to some people at a hobby shop and got some tinting paint and clear coat. They recommended doing it on the inside, of course. It's a good idea to get an extra set of lights or a test piece of the same colored material. I haven't gotten around to getting an extra set, so I haven't tried it yet, but I have the paint & clear coat... hehe..maybe I should get on that
</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by Frosty66@May 27 2003,6:41
<font color='#000000'>I would say taking black paint(Car Paint) and using a lot of clear and hardener.</font>
<font color='#000000'>kill yourself.  kill yourself now, do it quickly.

they've got smoke paint specifically for smoking your tails and headlights, sort of like redding out the tails.  get some of that and a clear coat and you'll be good to go.</font>

·
Registered
85 Posts
<font color='#000080'>I did mine not long ago, i just got a real cheap can of satin or matte black (but not to cheap as the spray will go blotchy) and a pretty good can of clear . I had 2 do mine from the outside cos it's pretty much impossible to get the lights out of my 4th gen :suspect: but yeah they turned out unreal ,though they're really black, but that's how i wanted it (just more coats) gives a more sinister look  
</font>

·
Registered
85 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Well i'm from Australia so u might have 2 do some math  

But about $20, cheap as. I tryed 2 post some pics but i use the net at uni (that's why it takes so long 2 reply) so i don't know how attach pics. it's f#cked
 can you help me out man, cos u can see how they look
By the way is dat your new celi?</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#990000'>Well..I'm getting a red car now and I don't know how well tinted lights would work..any ideas what to do to them for a red car?</font>

·
Registered
85 Posts
<font color='#000080'>I reckon tinting them is the way 2 go, like i said it gives a more sinister look, but i don't know about u, what i reckon is take a digital photo of your car and play around with it on computer. Adobe Photoshop is probably the best program 2 use. Then you can have a look what it might look like. It's a good way to see how customizing your car will look b4 u actually do it.  
</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font color='#990000'>Yea..and I'm actually a graphic designer..so it shouldn't be hard
</font>

·
Registered
85 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Yeah sure, but i've got 2 go through all this image hosting crap and i don't have much time at the moment 'cos we're nearing the end of semester, but definately when i have time, maybe u can show me some of work?  :sleepy:</font>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts