Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i got a ticket!!!!!!!!!
i haven't got a ticket in forever. i was out with some friends and we were having a speed contest. well i was in the g/f's 95' Maxima and i didn't think about the concequences
:oops:
anyway i drag raced that 97' integra gsr that we turbocharged (t4 54e turbo 10psi)a few weeks ago. (does it matter that i won?)the maxima is stock.

anyway i have been a big voice against street racing so i think that i deserved this ticket and any concequences that come with it for being such a hypocrit. i don't know why i did it. i don't really even cruise anymore i just wanted to see if i still had it... that and i needed to return the kid's lcd monitor. i just feel like i am getting too old to be hanging out with the street racer kids anymore. i guess i was trying to see if i was still a badass and not an old timer.

:down:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Awww, I'm sorry Redswan
... I know the feeling.  That's what happens to me too, I'll be very careful driving and then the one time I race someone or whatever, that's when I get the ticket.  And I too also tell myself that I deserve it but it still hurts anyways  :down:
Can you fight it or will you plead guilty and get it over with?</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>im gonna take my stripes, it is only supposed to be a $90 ticket, ut i really need it off of my record i wonde if they'll keep it off of my insurance if i pleade guilty, pay the fine and do community service or something?
cause with my new mr2 turbo i don't need this on my insurance.</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>dont worry swan your ticket was nothing compared to mine
 think of racing your friend on a major highway 220  doing about 110  pushin 120 and you pass a state trooper, like literally pass him while he is driving as well. heh lost my liscense for 6 months 1 yr probation, and that was the deal i got. i was supposed to lose liscense for 3 months pay court costs and $5 for every mile over so i'd be screwed. but i know how you feel redswan, just hang in there man it will get better.</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#000000'>ya, thanks.
my first ticket was the day of my 18th b-day.
i was racing a nissan pulsar in my celica and a un marked sheriff car was coming up the other way. i was doing 108 and it turned into a 55 zone.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Ouch!!!  :p   Those are both incerdible stories!  The first ticket I got was before I had my celica, I was going 80 in a 55 (the cop was hiding out), and the last one I got I was goin 55 pushing 60 in a 25, the cop was coming in the opposite direction and did a u-turn to get me.  The very first one I didn't know what to do and pled guilty and got my points and I think it went on insurance too.  All the other ones I've gotten I've fought, pled not guilty and got the reduced to fines and school, and maybe a few points, the last one I got no points but my fine was higher.
o:   Whew... did you get all that?  Anyways, yeah, you don't need that with the new MR2, hopefully you can talk to the DA and see if you can get out of whatever you don't want and just get a higher fine.  Good luck, let us know what happens!  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Originally posted by Redswan@June 01 2003,12:40
<font color='#000000'>im gonna take my stripes, it is only supposed to be a $90 ticket, ut i really need it off of my record i wonde if they'll keep it off of my insurance if i pleade guilty, pay the fine and do community service or something?
cause with my new mr2 turbo i don't need this on my insurance.</font>
<font color='#000000'>Don't plead guilty or it will show that way, you have to try to plea it down to a no point violation to not effect your insurance.</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>to be honest i dont think there is a way around that, your gonna have to work a deal with the cop.

like i did hehe.</font>

C

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hey... See you guys think you deserved yours.. I dont think I deserved mine.. I was goin 64 on the freeway... (In my old caddie which is sold. Peeps tell me that the cop didnt like me cause i drove a better car then he..haha..) Well, there were no signs and knowin the area, the freeways are 60mph.. Well, it happened that these were 40 zones.. I DIDNT KNOW THAT!!!! Okay, I will admit that there were signs.. Its just the first sign was when I was mergin on, second was like twenty feet off the freeway and there were no lights near it.. It was late at night when I couldnt see anything.. Well, I took it to court and got the cost to like 120 and to be a good boy for six months for it to stay off my record.. Well, the ticket was  near 200 at first.. Well, atleast its off my record.. haha.. I dont need my premiums to go up.. I have three cars for insureance.. High premiums would suck.. haha..</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I think I've posted this here before, but I was going south-bound on I-5 through Shasta Natl. Forrest in NorCal and got nailed doing about 115 in a 55, but I gave the cop a sob story and he wrote it as going 98 mph, so I wouldn't lose my car

Then I went to traffic school and it never made it to my record, but the fine was almost $500! Man, I never saw him come up on me either...damn CHP w/out lights on top...just the evil center red eye light in the windshield.</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hey im back. kinda. i dont have much to say latey. anyways, today was my first court date. i was doin 80-85 in a 55. i got it down to 2 points and a fine that was like $80 less. of course, add in court fees and i didnt really make out, but its still better than just signing the ticket and sending it in. round two is in a couple weeks. wish me luck.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>wow, everyone's got a better story than me!  good luck with your ticket cenjergt... After my last ticket I almost got another one, but got out of it.  There were two lanes, and I was in the left and some a$$hole was tailing me so I moved to the right.  He didn't pass me and I knew the lane I was in became a right turn only lane at the light up ahead so at the last minute I gunned the gas, cut off the guy in the left lane and went through the light, there was a cop right there, and I saw him turn on his light as I went through.  I didn't even wait for him to turn and pull me over, I just got onto the shoulder and got my license and registration out and as he came to the window I just handed it to him before he got a chance.  He said he'd be right back and I said, "Officer, I know I went through that light too fast but I forgot that the right lane was a turn only lane and I know I should have slowed down and waited for the other car to pass me before I switched but I didn't, I don't know why.  I'm sorry."  He said to hang tight, and then for some reason I broke down when he walked away. I guess it was cuz I had just gotten the other ticket taken care of and another was the last thing I needed.  He came back and I didn't want him to see me crying so I had to wipe my eyes really quick, and he said he was going to let me go this time and to drive slower. I was soooooo relieved!!! I was like "Thank you thank you thank you!!!"  My friend said he probably saw me crying in the mirror and decided to go easy on me, who knows, but that was too damn close!  Whatever happened, I'm glad it did, I DID NOT need another ticket!!!  <lol> At one point I was seriously considering to say "Officer is there ANYTHING
I can do to get out of this ticket?"   :laugh:</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I forgot to mention that that time I got nailed doing 115mph, I was pulled over earlier that morning...that was BS though. It was in a small town and I was under the speed limit because there was a slower truck in front of me...I guess I just looked fast

So after the truck pulled off, I got up to 90 & then back down to the speed limit as I was pulling up to a stop sign. Then I see the cop coming up behind me! I knew he had no idea that I was going that fast after I passed him, but he said he had to do 120mph to catch up to me... luckily he let me off, probably because he knew he didn't have anything concrete.
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>QUOTE
Ralph96gt Posted on June 05 2003,9:53
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ah yes ....crying the last resort of a person about tp get a ticket.[/B]
 Hell yeah!!!  Actually I hate to cry and I rarely do it, a lot of people I know have NEVER seen me cry, I don't know what was with me that day but I'm glad it worked!  That happened to me once before where an undercover cop was following me around, I was late to pick up someone at the airport and he actually went into the parking garage with me  and waited til I parked before he turned his lights on!  I had to concentrate really hard to get a bit sniffly on that one but it worked!!!  :laugh:  Suckers!

CelicaFan: 115!!! Wow... yeah your def lucky that he didn't have evidence, they prolly would have taken your license away, isn't 40 over the cutoff limit?</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
<font color='#000000'>oh yah, I was very lucky! those roads are fun though
 I've gotten pulled over along the same stretch only going a few over the limit driving a pickup w/ a full load, and getting passed on the outside, but the cop was an ####### & wrote me up. They know that most people are just passing through the area and it being far away from home, I'd never go back to fight it, so they'll win every time
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Yeah, we've got a few of those, ones that seem as if they were just made for you to put the pedal to the metal and pass everyone else on the road, especailly when all of a sudeden, as if it were Moses parting the Red Sea, the whole lane in front of you opens up!!!  I love when that happens  :grin:
Ohh that happend to me once, it was a place tabout 2 hrs to the south, I got it on the way back from a skiing resort and they got me doing 85 in a 55 and I think they thought they'd win it cuz I wouldn't go back, but I did and got it reduced.  *sigh* damn cops... I wish it was like Germany and we had no speedlimit on the highways/thruways/expressways... but then again they are real hardcore about inbetween roads, they have cameras posted everywhere and they just mail you your fine.  Actually maybe that's worse... but it would be awesome to be able to race on the highway and know that they can't stop you  :cool:</font>

1 - 20 of 58 Posts