Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#0000FF'>I was leaving work the other day and this girl i work with wanted to race me, she know's i just got a celica and even tho she lost to me when i had my galant she still wanted to race. so we pull up to a two lane stop light she starts revin her engine, i can't give any respect it was a geo, but it was a standard, so she's revin her engine tryin to be tough, the light turned green by the time i got into 2nd she was already a distant blur.... who gets off tryin to race a geo? exspecially against a celica? i thought it'd amuse u guyz, and i'm actually ashamed i even agreed to it...</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I raced a mitsubishi mirage once, creamed it like 5 times in a row, then found out it has only like 100 hp... I felt ashamed afterwards lol

But it was mainly for fun, we were cruising and revving and giving thumbs up and stuff, it was nice
</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>you should have purposely lost, and then when you caught up with her look surprised and asked if she has nos.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>or start expounding how she's such an incredible driver that her four cylinder beat your v8 rotary with vtec.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Wish: QUOTE
Do the Geo's serve any purpose?  Who would actually want one?[/B]
Winter beater?

And as for the rest of Wish and Spiffy's idea of fun... it's stupid  
o:  and mean  
 but damn funny too!  :laugh:  
</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font color='#0000FF'>well i gatta give her props for even trying... the thing about mitsubishi's they look good, like the galant and eclipse, they look like they're suppose to be raced, but under it all they're just poorly built cars. to be honest I raced my galant against a celica when i had it, i took a weekend trip to vermont and this kid in a 7 gen celica gt wanted to race, but my galant was hooked up engine wise, they don't make anything for the styling mods except the standard tinted windows rims decals, custom grill so pretty my my galant was a sleeper, but my engine was pusing 259hp, so racing a stock celica against my galant  it's pretty much an easy race, but u really need to do alot of work to those cars to get much out of 'em... and to say they're built poorly is true because I had a 98 with 101k i had it for a yr and a half and dropped my tranny on my way to pick up the first celica i was looking at it was a 97 gt auto, so it screwed me out of a car for about 3 weeks, cause the guys fixing it apparently sat on their ass all day, i couldn't get the 97 but it all worked out for the best in the end.... def should'a given her a cofindence boost then raced her again and smoked her... but i wasn't about to embarass myself. it was a pretty busy area anyways....I race honda's constantly, they're my biggest competition but they're the rich kid honda's mommy and daddy do all the style mod's no engine mod's they think they got a nasty car but when they race they mis-shift, or just don't know what they're doin... it's pathetic...  here's my galant by the wayGalant</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font color='#0000FF'>yea it was pretty quick 259hp'98 es, they make engine mods for those cars just no style mods, it's bull....</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>The picture was unavailable, I'll try again later, I'd really like to see it!

Yeah the eclipse's are really cheaply built, I was with this guy, DfysGrvtie who signed up here (he lives in my area so we've been hanging out the past few days) today, we were hanging out and an eclipse broke down at the intersection up ahead.  He helped the cop move the car, he said it was really light too.  It was some bimbo girl driving it too, you could tell she didn't know anything about cars...  :p

I'd rather have engine mods than style mods, you can always get stuff custom made style wise, but engine stuff is harder to get made.  Plus you can always get a hot looking car like the 7th gen and just work on the engine.  Too bad so few parts are made for the 7th gens...</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font color='#0000FF'>i'll try posting it again, the only thing it had for style mods were hood lamps, custom grill which u can't see in the pic anyway, decals, and rainguards, i never got to tint the windows or get rims i was putting all my money into the engine, i agree i'd rather a sleeper anyway, it's fun to see the look on your competition's when u beat 'em... lol   well here i'll try it again.... http://www.imagestation.com/picture....g.thumb</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font color='#0000FF'>here i tried to put the pic in my sig box, if this doesn't work will someone please tell me how to do it?</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>you made links to the images instead of posting the actual image.

if you ask nicely one of our dear moderators will do it for you
</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font color='#0000FF'>I said please......</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<font color='#0000FF'>okay one more time, if it doesn't work just e-mail me and i'll send it to u that way, it's the same as my post name but on aol....
</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<font color='#0000FF'>nice it worked... i told u the car was beat style wise, i put no money into the styling, i think the most i spent was the mesh grill on the front or the fog lights... i didn't want to waste my money, but i did make money racing it tho i'd bet like $200-$300 on races and everyone would jump at it cuz it was such a sleeper... i dunno the extierior sucked, i had a system in it, different from the one i have in my celica, interior was okay, only a few adjustments, but the engine was real nice. i found tons of mods around here, mostly special order but i found 'em.... hehehe</font>

1 - 20 of 54 Posts