Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#FF0000'>:down:
i dont know if anyone has been reading motortrend magazine, but it has been reported that 2005 will be the last year that the Toyota Celica will be Imported and Sold in the US, they compare it to the Honda Prelude, which ended its production ahwile back their problem is that noone is buying any celicas anymore, even worse, the car they are replacing it with, and they are saying it is just like the celica is the 2005 Scion XB. I dont know if anyone is as down or pissed as i am, but it is a major downfall for the automobile industry...

Celica....you will be missed....
 :(

Chris</font>

·
Registered
20 Posts
<font color='#000000'>:down: At least we all have our celicas to keep us going.  
Celica we will never forget you!!!!</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>At least for us 7th genners, it'll be cool to have the last gen of celi sold in the US... but the rumors are the 8th gen (to be sold in europe and asia only) are going to be one of the nicest celi's performance-wise, so it'll suck to not have that potential here...  :(</font>

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>yeah that they are going to be turbo in japan and europe. but that they will not be making it in the states anymore. and the new scion i forgot the name. its not the xb it the new one i saw at the L.A. auto show. oh well but that one is going to replace the celica. those bastards. first they take away the mr2 turbo then the supra now the celica. man what the hell is up with toyota. its like if they want their reputation of fast cars down the toilet.</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
<font color='#000000'>We stayed in Bandon, which is located on Hwy 42S & 101, and our room looked out right over the ocean and beach. We had a great view of Face Rock and there were sea lions right down the beach from us... not to mention the great sea food! oh man, I was lovin' the prawns, bread bowls w/ clam chowder and everything else *drooool*  :p

man, being back at work sucks!  :down:</font>

·
Registered
18 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I was under the impression they were going to redesign the Celica and bring it back in a few years.  They are bringing back the Supra, right?  Even if not, at least we have the best the US has to offer.  Why would anyone want to be known for the Carolla, Camry, and 4-Runner?  Such squares... :(</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>CelicaFan: Hey I'm glad you had a great time up there... it sounded nice

Hornet:  I dunno, they might do it in like 10-15 years, but not right away.  We all understood that the 8th gen will only be released in Asia only, probably Europe too.</font>

·
Registered
18 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Well, thank goodness the Celi will run forever if we aren't to see it again anytime soon, if ever  :(</font>

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
<font color='#000000'>nothing lasts forever  :down:
but hey i'm glad i have my Celi for long long time (i hope)

maybe Toyota replaces Celica with its Volta model which is concept now... was presented in Genéve carshow, oh well maybe thats just dreaming but it surely looks nice. another thing is that will it ever be sold

i see way too much corolla and avensis models around here.. oh so boring.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Hornet:  Yeah, toyotas are tough cars

Jaz:  Yeah we have too many Corollas and Camry's here.  Here in the US they will be replacing the Celica with the Scion... maybe they renamed it the Volta over in europe?
o:  Sometimes they have the same cars in different places but name it differently to make up for the language difference.</font>

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Meryem:
no not Scion...
i scanned picture of Volta, its hybrid car.. and not in production yet (will it never come, i dunno)

i guess Volta looks "little" more ehh.. faster than box Scion  :laugh:
...mmm..doors...mmm

is it just me or does this have Honda 2000 style on nose?

</font>

·
Registered
18 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Does anyone know the actual measurements of this car?  It looks longer than the Celis, more like the length of a Vette or NSX.  Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, though?  I like the Celis b/c they have a "zoom-y" quality  :)</font>

1 - 20 of 50 Posts