Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#810541'>Hey people a friend of mine wants to race.. hes got a taurus.. i dont know what year, its bone stock he said it has 230hp u think i can take it?</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>
Originally posted by HawkEye@Feb. 27 2003,7:32
Hey people a friend of mine wants to race.. hes got a taurus.. i dont know what year, its bone stock he said it has 230hp u think i can take it?
If it's 230hp it's probably the SHO and it's curb weight is 3600lbs. giving it a power to weight ratio of 0.064

Your car, assuming you have a stock GT, has about 130hp and a curb weight of 2500lbs. giving you a power to weight ratio of 0.052

So you'll need another 40hp to beat him....

GOT TURBO??</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i GOT TURBO!!
</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#810541'>hehe i wish i had turbo.. i need money... but i dont know if ill invest that much in my celi... im still thinking about getting rid of it to get a turbo mr2 or an AE86, what i really want to do is just drift thats where the fun is</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>QUOTE
Hey people a friend of mine wants to race.. hes got a taurus[/B]
Being a Ford Taurus, it will probably brake down when he goes off the line.  :D

So did you end up racing him?</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font color='#810541'>Nah no one around here wants to race... it is a sho though.. a 92 i think but we never ended up racing some other guy wants to race his civic hatchback with a sir del sol motor dropped in it... i dont understand that, if your going to drop in a motor why drop in a slow one? shouldve dropped the type r motor in, what an idiot</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts