Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Would it be possible to put MR2 taillights into a 5th Gen. Celica?  The lenses almost look the same size, but ends are little different.  Could this be somewhat easily pulled off

Ignore rest of the car, just look at the tails and notice the comparison, or whatever, I might just be seeing things</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I have heard of people putting MR2 tails into 6th gens and I think you can do it with 5th too, but probably not the 93 MR's lights... the edge would require a bit of cutting or something.  They were using the ones where the lights are kind of sunk in with the molding over it... though you could probably use other types as well.  Check out Cliff Luther's (1exquizitcelica) car in the Member Pics area under 6th gen, there's also a thread about his car that was posted about 2 weeks ago in Off Topic by CelicaFan.  That might work better.  Good luck and keep us posted  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>o man... that mr2 is pimp.
I Want one sooo bad. anyway, they are not bolt in at all the celica body would need some fabrication chances are you would need to cut the celica light housings out and the mr2 light housing out and mold the mr2 housings into the celica.. some major work, but it can be done. i was actually thinking of doing this for some time, i wanted something different in the celica they dont make tails for us. everyone and there mom does supra tails, but no one uses mr2 tails.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by jhull@May 24 2004,3:18
<font color='#000000'>o man... that mr2 is pimp.</font>
<font color='#000000'>yeah that's a nice mr2, i could do without the park bench on the trunk though</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts