Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
In Japan town ( Bay area in CA), there is an auto shop that sells a spray kit for tail lights. It is intended for blacking (or darken) the tail lights. After it dry, it becomes a black film. You can peel it off easy. The result is very good!! It looks great.

A single can cost $30 and it can mask 2-3 sets of tail lights.

ONE drawback. They are not permanent. It looks bad if it gets scratches. Then, you have to take off the film and re-apply it.

Hope it helps,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, That'd be a pain I'm only in the Engine and the Drivers Seat
Never run around to the back...My mess would be peeling all voer the place and i'd never know

·
Registered
42 Posts
The spray isn't that bad at all. It is water proof, and it really stays. Unless, ppl. scratch it hard. All you need to do is make it thick.

G

·
Your other option is to use transparent smoke paint available at your local hobby shop for only $6 a can. Just add as many coats as you want. (depending on how dark you want it) A final coal of clearcoat closs with UV protection and you have a set of really hot taillight lenses that will last....

:laugh:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought one in Japan town, San Francisco, CA.

Sorry, I can't tell you the name since I can't read Japanese.

But, I will try to see if they have it available on the net.

After it dry, it becomes a film and you can tear it off just like a packaging tape.

It cost $30 for each can. Luckly, you can make 2 -3 pairs. Maybe you can share the cost with other local people.  :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
you could also use window tint.....if ur good with razor knives and a squeege

·
Registered
42 Posts
CelicaFan,

Where do you live? Are you  living in bay area too?

If you need it so bad, you can send me $$ and I can get you one.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't live in the bay area, but I'm down there every once in a while & I'm in the northbay all the time...I wouldn't mind the drive into the city to pick it up.
But....I think I'm going to get another set of tail light covers & paint those w/ the transparent paint from a hobby store,  like roo suggested.

·
Registered
42 Posts
no problem. Please show us how it looks when you have a set painted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts