Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>hey guys, i have new tach and i am trying to install on my 1993 toyota celica ST. where is the igniter or the coil located so i can attach the tach signal wire? or is there a way i can attach it to the signal wire behind the console? any help would be greatly appreciated!

send me an e-mail to [email protected]</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>y buy a new tach when there is one that came stock with the vehicle???</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>one word nemesis: RICE! not to bash you or anything, inirtial_d freakin military cop man. later</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>lol riceroni.</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font color='#000000'>hrmm rice? i dont think so, nothing wrong with an aftermarket tach. funny the people screaming rice should be in the honda forums, cause i have never known celica people to make fun of or judge other celica people. maybe if you guys thought a lil bit before flaming a poor guy with out knowing him. or maybe you should realize a aftermarket tach is more accurate and usually has a shift light that is very useful when trying to keep your eyes on the road and not on the stock tach that is out of your line of site. i have an aftermarket tach, and i use it all the time, and my car is not rice. have a lil respect people, and dont be asses

TurboGT
A lot of mods
a lot of speed</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>lol funny, ok tachin it up... dont stay in 1 gear all the time, and dont go to fast and it doesnt tach up. besides stock tachs are the most accurate considering they are programed into the car itself. it can only be off it you messed with the timing gear, otherwise it is the best one to have.</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>and if you need a light to know when to shift, you dont need to have a 5-speed.</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font color='#000000'>stock tachs the most accurate? lol thats a joke. and if aftermarket tachometers are not helpful and true drivers dont use them how come the marjority or pro drag cars, touring cars, sports cars, and   just about every other racing venue use a tach/shift light? does that mean schumaker and hans stuck can't drive a manual transmission? Aftermarket tachs offer many advantages over stock ones, for one things they Are more accurate, they offer faster response, and they can have data logging/peak hold and other useful functions for people who are real driving enthusiasts. I have already helped Initial_D_93 with his problem, and now his stuff is working. which if any of you where the celica guys you say you are and think you are you would have helped him already instead of calling his car rice and making fun of him. you guys sound like a bunch of haters, and you sound like a bunch of flamers, i am glad the other celica boards dont have this problem. I have a aftermarket tach, and i can drive a 5 or a 6 speed better than alot of people, and i find it useful. Just because you may not agree with one on your car does not give you the right to make fun of someone who wants one installed. I hope that one day you have a question, and i hope someone offers no assistance to you, and i hope they make fun of you, then maybe you and the others that made fun of him will realize that we are all here for the same reasons, and we all have celicas for the same reason.

TurboGT
Paul
www.speedofsoundracing.com

1994 Celica GT coupe - TRD Sport Suspension - HKS Megaflow - Custom Ram-Air - Webcam Cams - Magnaflow Exhaust - More to come  
2001 Audi S4 - 380hp/410ft/lbs - apr ecu - bailey DVs -H&R springs - MB Italia 18X8 rims - Nitto 555 tires
1997 Dodge Avenger - Stage 1 Cams - Headers - Magnaflow Exhaust - Bored Throttle Body - AEM CAI
1991 Mazda Miata - K&N FIPK - Koni Adjustables - Lowering springs
1997 Mitsu Galant 5 Spd - Custom Intake - Magnaflow Exhaust - Custom Short Shifter
2002 Pontiac Sunfire - Cat back exhaust - Energy Suspension Mounts - MSD Ignition - Custom Intake - Lowering Springs - Underdrive Pulleys
1997 Mustang Cobra - Full race built 306 small block - ProCharger H.O. Supercharger - TrickFlow Intake - 22psi [email protected]</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font color='#000000'>stock tachs the most accurate? lol thats a joke. and if aftermarket tachometers are not helpful and true drivers dont use them how come the marjority or pro drag cars, touring cars, sports cars, and   just about every other racing venue use a tach/shift light? does that mean schumaker and hans stuck can't drive a manual transmission? Aftermarket tachs offer many advantages over stock ones, for one things they Are more accurate, they offer faster response, and they can have data logging/peak hold and other useful functions for people who are real driving enthusiasts. I have already helped Initial_D_93 with his problem, and now his stuff is working. which if any of you where the celica guys you say you are and think you are you would have helped him already instead of calling his car rice and making fun of him. you guys sound like a bunch of haters, and you sound like a bunch of flamers, i am glad the other celica boards dont have this problem. I have a aftermarket tach, and i can drive a 5 or a 6 speed better than alot of people, and i find it useful. Just because you may not agree with one on your car does not give you the right to make fun of someone who wants one installed. I hope that one day you have a question, and i hope someone offers no assistance to you, and i hope they make fun of you, then maybe you and the others that made fun of him will realize that we are all here for the same reasons, and we all have celicas for the same reason.

TurboGT
Paul

1994 Celica GT coupe - TRD Sport Suspension - HKS Megaflow - Custom Ram-Air - Webcam Cams - Magnaflow Exhaust - More to come  
2001 Audi S4 - 380hp/410ft/lbs - apr ecu - bailey DVs -H&R springs - MB Italia 18X8 rims - Nitto 555 tires
1997 Dodge Avenger - Stage 1 Cams - Headers - Magnaflow Exhaust - Bored Throttle Body - AEM CAI
1997 Mitsu Galant 5 Spd - Custom Intake - Magnaflow Exhaust - Custom Short Shifter
2002 Pontiac Sunfire - Cat back exhaust - Energy Suspension Mounts - MSD Ignition - Custom Intake - Lowering Springs - Underdrive Pulleys
1997 Mustang Cobra - Full race built 306 small block - ProCharger H.O. Supercharger - TrickFlow Intake - 22psi [email protected]</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by TurboGT14psi@July 11 2003,12:10
<font color='#000000'>does that mean schumaker and hans stuck can't drive a manual transmission?</font>
<font color='#000000'>the f1 drivers are lazy they dont eve have to use a cluth they just get paid to steer and root the pit babes
lol.

naa seriosuly guys it is a bit hardh to go getting stuck into a celi person there is nothing wrong with using an aftermarket tach, that on its own is not rice, but if all you do is plod around it town it isnt a little uncessary.</font>

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yea an aftermarket tach is better for certain applications. an all out race car kinda has to have an aftermarket tach put in cause most wouldnt have the factory guagepod turbogt.
all i have to say about the situation is think about the logic we all had when we first responded. i dont see the need for a tach or shift light in an st. i have a gt and i regularly drive an st. where the gt has a definate powerband, the st just makes more noise higher up. good luck driving that in a sporty manner. let me just say that while i could very well be wrong, right from the start i smelled rice.</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>the ricer has come to throw more jap food on us. heh. besides on some cars i can see where a tach comes in handy, but why have it on a car that already has a tachometer, it baffles me and i dont see the point in it.</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font color='#000000'>You guys obviously dont spend as much time performance driving/racing as me and my guys do which is fine, just think twice before yelling rice cause it may not be rice. the tach that is installed is a shift light ultra, which is pretty nice, cause its quite small, and has a programmable shift light, with a digital rev counter, and is only about 1.5" in diameter. Mainly used for the shift light fuction, and it is programmable. I highly reccomend it. F1 Driver may not manual shift  with a clutch, but consider the beating their bodys take when pulling 2+ gs and 150+mph, they have to be in awesome shape, and for Hans Stuck, watch some touring car racing, he drives for BMW, he is THE man, i have never seen someone drive like him, he came up like 20 somthing places in less than 10 laps in the last race i seen

TurboGT
Paul

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>ok guys calm down....
I am also running a autometer tach, my stock one doesnt work with the engine management cause i took out the ignitor, but anyway to answer your question dont use the wire that goes to the stock tach cause that is set up for that and uses 12volt a aftermarket tach needs ac voltage just hook it up to the negitive side of the coil</font>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts