Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
get one at the junk yard thats what i did because the bolt on mine snapped and get extra bolts because many will snap since their old

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yup same here.. when replace old for poly bushings, broke that FKR.. off..maybe im too strong :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but I don't think mbail3y's problem can be solved with a new bracket. The problem is on the other side of the bushing, where a bolt goes through it and threads into the end of the frame rail. I have the same problem, and short of welding a new piece of mental onto the end of the frame rail, I'm not sure what can be done. Does anyone have any ideas? I'll keep you updated as I try to solve it.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The bolb is **** by a nut. Wen u over tight tht nut the bolb brakes. Nd their is 2 big bolts holding the bracket. On one side of the braket their is a bolt nd the other side a whole for a screw... "if i remember correctly"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, the problem is with the side where there is a hole for a bolt. The threads that the bolt threads into are in the sub-frame, but that part of the subframe has rusted off on mine and bail3y's cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I've had a '91convertible for a little a year now and I haven't been able to get rid of a clonking sound in the front right side of the vehicle. I changed the struts the sound went away for a while, but returned. While my brother, who is a mechanic, was changing the sway bar bushings he noticed that the right side mount had caved in due to an impact of some sort. This causes the sound.
Normally that could be hammered out from the inside or I could take it to a welder, but that particular area is pretty rusty and the minute the man puts some heat on it the entire thing will go.
Any ideas?
Best regards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts