Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000080'>I'm very interested on power upgrades for my "88 celica (3s-FE), now i've thought about turbos, engine swaps but now i'm thinking along the lines of supercharging because it's most likely to be cheaper than the other options. And much different from any other cars in my area.
I need to now what i'll need in order to accomplish this project, such as type of charger? Fuel management? hosing? etc?
Any help would be great? websites?</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>I dont think this will be the cheapest route man,
besides the cost of the supercharger you have to get larger injectors, and engine management those are a must then a dyno tune should also be done that alone cost about 100-200 a hour depending where you get it done. that also could take 4 hours to do
hoseing is nothing to worry about. im not sure if anyone makes a kit for the 3sfe, you might have better luck looking into a 5sfe and modifiying that if needed to fit. but if you find one it will come with all the intake piping and hoseing. I would use between 300-400 cc injectors 400cc should be good for around 200hp which I dont think ur gonna add 100% hp from a supercharger kit but who knows. safc i guess would work to control the fuel injectors, but i would spend the extra money and get the engine management, because that will control everything and anything, and also allow you to tune the timing down some for boost. let us know what u decide</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>for the $$$ you will end up spending 3sgte is probaly a better option</font>

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font color='#000080'>Don't worry about it, i took some advice and had a think about it, your right Toof the 3s-gte is a better option in the long run, i'm also thinking about a sr20</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts