Toyota Celica Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by 90GT-S@May 27 2006, 10:52 AM
Anybody knows how to reset or synchronize the sunroof switch? Mine's a mess.

The slide tilts the roof and slides it to a certain point. When roof is open slide all the way the slide button won't slide the roof and have to use the tilt button to jerk/move the roof a little and then the slide button will now slide the roof close. Also the halfway pause of the roof is not halfway it is when the roof is about fully close.
hey i changed my sunroof motor and it was doing the same thing. very simple fix except that you need to have your roof lining off to do it (mine was off because i repaired it myself). once the roof lining is off you have access to the motor. the way to "reset" it is to firstly ensure that your sunroof is closed. now, with the roof closed pull out the sunroof motor and press the buttons until it should theoretically be fully closed (tilt all the way down and slide all the way closed). now put the motor back in and you're laughing. if you want more info on getting the lining out p.m me and i'll give you the exact details. good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the sun roof issue a while back when i first got my celica, the problem was one of the motors were jamed (clicking sound), what i had to do, was change the entire motor. i got it from junk yard for 30 bucks, it was pretty simple to wire it all together, just gotta know which wires to cross, Also if ur fuse blew, then all you gotta do is open the hood and it should be the fuse box on the right side, next to the battery
hey i don't know if you'll still get this but i just a 93 gt and it was working at first but got stuck a few months later, any further details on how to solve this myself would be great thanks

21 - 22 of 22 Posts