Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sunroof isn't working and I can't find any sections in my manual that has any info on the sunroof. Where are the fuses for the sunroof? and is there anything else I can test to see if it's actually working, becasue i don't really want to have to change the motor.

·
Registered
493 Posts
well does it do anything? cuz if it doesnt click it is your fuse probably located in one of the boxes that your manual should show you. if it clicks it is probably your motor.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Mine leaks like a incontinent poodle, gotta have a tupperware sitting on the passenger seat when i go to a carwash and then take out the rubber grommets to let it drain

·
Registered
284 Posts
mine works fine minus the fact it was goin reeeaall slow to open and close it, so i just replaced my battery and that was the problem

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cause damn, it's only nice for like 3 months in Ontario, i want to fix this #### quick so i can enjoy a bit of it

·
Registered
68 Posts
mine clicks and makes a grinding noise when you try to use it. and only the tilt feature now works and it only tilts when you use the slide feature. the tilt button is dead....any ideas?

G

·
i had the sun roof issue a while back when i first got my celica, the problem was one of the motors were jamed (clicking sound), what i had to do, was change the entire motor. i got it from junk yard for 30 bucks, it was pretty simple to wire it all together, just gotta know which wires to cross, Also if ur fuse blew, then all you gotta do is open the hood and it should be the fuse box on the right side, next to the battery

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anybody knows how to reset or synchronize the sunroof switch? Mine's a mess.

The slide tilts the roof and slides it to a certain point. When roof is open slide all the way the slide button won't slide the roof and have to use the tilt button to jerk/move the roof a little and then the slide button will now slide the roof close. Also the halfway pause of the roof is not halfway it is when the roof is about fully close.

can anybody help? i posted this problem awhile back.

Before I found this forum and got to know more of learning the car stuff. My sister took this to a toyota supervisor mech they know (done outside toyota) due to sunroof leak. He didn't fix the leak. The sunroof switch came back a mess. He told my sister that the roof was not factory intalled. I really got pissed when I found out the leak was only due to clog drainage. That mechanic did a lot of stupid things in my car beside the sunroof.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Originally posted by evilhaze@May 28 2006, 02:30 PM
what i want to know is, does anybody know for sure the exact location of the sunroof fuse?
did you check the fuses under the hood???

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes, and theres nothing that says sunroof, and im not to the point where i want to pull out every fuse just to check

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by celestialgranturismo@May 11 2006, 09:28 AM
Mine leaks like a incontinent poodle, gotta have a tupperware sitting on the passenger seat when i go to a carwash and then take out the rubber grommets to let it drain
Did you check the drainage? probably clog with dirt. My car's sunroof was clogged and a mechanic mess up the synchro/limit switches when he was trying to fix the leak. I went to a toyota parts dept. here in my place asking for a sunroof part. He told me to check the drainage first before I buy the rubber seal/gasket around the roof. Print out a diagram for me where the hose are located. I didn't believe the guy first and I called another toyota parts dept in another town and told me same thing. So I check and found the 2 front drainage clogged. I cleaned and pour in water along the side and watch the water drips under to see if all 4s draining properly. I still have one clog drain, rear right, I'm unable to clear out the dirt. I tried with plastic coated wire but still couldn't loosen the dirt. I can't park it at an angle with front elevate. I did before and water pooled at the back (only left rear drains properly). So when I drove downwards water went inside the car. I haven't tried taking it in the carwash. The water gets in through the driverside window. Don't know if I have to replace the top rubber trim/window seal (whatver it's called).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by evilhaze@May 29 2006, 10:29 AM
yes, and theres nothing that says sunroof, and im not to the point where i want to pull out every fuse just to check
Owner's manual: Driver's sidekick panel. #6 thats middle row, right fuse or the 3rd fuse in that row. You need 15A.

·
Registered
89 Posts
you got to it before I could =\
Anyway.. my stupid sunroof died again I'm pretty sure it's the motor though tell me if you agree..

it tilts and when I slide it it slowly slides and stops halfway.. but it goes faster when i close it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by FleshintoGear@May 30 2006, 08:03 PM
you got to it before I could =\
Anyway.. my stupid sunroof died again I'm pretty sure it's the motor though tell me if you agree..

it tilts and when I slide it it slowly slides and stops halfway.. but it goes faster when i close it.
Did you check your battery? How old's your bat? I remember my car's roof moved slow when my battery's about to give.

Tilts whe you slide? Similar to mine but not quite mines worst than that! Did you or anyone done anything to the sunroof before this thing happened? Just asking because it might be the limit switch. Like my car's sunroof. My sister took it to a toyota supervisor mechanic that my brother-in-laws relative knew. Since my sister doesn't know anything about cars that mech told them BS like sunroof is not factory installed. I don't know what he did. I don't know if he took off the roof. When I took off the light to check the motor I saw markings and not sure if that his doing. it was doing fine before she took it to that mech only problem was the leak. He messed up a lot of stuff in my car. Long story.

I trying to find out how to reset the limit switch and also if I have to take off the roof to reset.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts