Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>I was surfing celica stuff on ebay when I came across a 1990 gt that had been wrecked and was selling cheap. I happen to have a 1990 st, and not knowing as much about celicas as i do now I didn not realize that this is the slower model of the car. When I came across this auction it gave me the idea of maybe this summer sometime changing my st to a gt by getting a gt engine from somewhere like this.

I was just wondering if any of you guys think that this is worth doing, (maybe you have ridden in both and know if the performance difference is worth it), and if it is within my ability to do. I don't really know that much about cars but I am a good learner and think that I could figure it out by getting help or information on doing this kind of thing.

Mainly I just want to know your opinions on whether you think it's worth it or not.

Thanks</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>the engine isn't the only thing you need to swap if you're going to do the conversion.  but if you can buy the complete wrecked gt you'd have all the gt parts...  seems like a big hassle though, and if i'm not mistaken, would cost more to do the swap than it is to just buy a gt...</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i dont know what they are selling the car for, so its hard to say if i agree with stspiffy, but it is a complete car so it would have everything to do the swap, so there is no extra cost over the car, besides labor if ur not doing it. and then u can part out what is left from it like all the interior and all. i dont know what its going for but i would if its under 6-700 just for the simple fact if u changed ur mind, u could part what is left and make back the money. if u did go with it u could sell ur engine, and part out the car, and make back the money u puy into buying it. (if u go with it get ahold of me i need some interor things  :D )</font>

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#000000'>well the auction is over, im not sure what it went for. I was wondering if it would be worth it for the amount of acceleration i would get from it. is gt really that much better than st? also, due to lack of car knowledge, im thinking i just might sell  my st, throw in some money and buy a gt</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts