Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced an srt4 the other day. The guy changed his rims,took off his badges except the neon badge, and changed the car to make it look like a stock neon. Well he came up on me (2000 celica GT: short throw, cai, exhaust, strut bars, and plugs.) and drove past me doing about 95 mph. So I decided to chase and have some fun. I blew past him at 110 mph and slowed down to see if he would follow. He followed so I pulled back out into the passing lane and took off. We hit about 120 and he didn't fall back, then we hit 127 ish and he still was hanging in there. At this point I couldn't understand what in the world was going on so I pushed it up to 135 ish and started to pull on him. As soon as I got a car length he let off and gave up. I waited for the car to go past and saw that it was an srt4. But the best part was the guy was pissed and the three girls in the car were hanging out the window's waving as I pulled off the exit.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
That was definately not an SRT-4.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was an srt4. Afriend of mine has one that I see all the time, quite frankly I'm sick of the thing. The only thing I could think of is that the guy driving was afrais of hitting the corners at such a high speed. I mean I was doing 135 around a decent corner on the interstate and he was looking a little squirly.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
No really, it wasn't an SRT4. There is no possible way that happened if it was. The fact that you say it had normal neon bumper/markings on it also leads me to believe it was an SXT or something. An SRT4 would blow the doors off your car, I'm sorry.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Listen I'm not trying to insult what you know about cars, but please don't do it to me. I know the diff. between an srt4 and an sxt. Like I said I was pushing through corners and what not and the driver seemed to be more cautious maybe was not as experienced enough to feel comfortable at those speeds. I'm sorry but an sxt does not pull like that, I have already had experience with them.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
You realize an SRT-4 runs low 14's/high 13's STOCK, don't you? Sorry to rain on your parade, but he definately wasn't trying very hard if it was indeed an SRT4, and having the normal Neon bumpers and wheels leads me to believe it wasn't.

What exactly tipped you off that it was an SRT4 if all the badges were taken off? You said you realized when you saw the back of the car. The only thing I can think of that would allude to the thing being an SRT4 would be if you saw the front-mount. What differs on the back? The bumper, exhaust, badging, and a wing? It had normal bumpers, was debadged, and SXT's have dual exhausts stock as well don't they? It just doesn't add up.

An SXT certainly would pull that well compared to your car. That is a low 16/high 15 second car just like yours is.

Congrats on the kill anyways.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do know that they run a fast time. I saw one at the trck run a high 14 thats why I couldn't understand it. The sxt looks almost identical from the rear, but the srt4 has a more sleek look, ( I know they are the same body design) almost as if it is slightly lower. But anyway it doesn't matter a win is a win.

-Thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
hah, i dont even want to waste my time saying what MA70Supra88 allready said.

all im gonna say, is that i call bullshit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Call it what you want, if you were not there then it doesn't matter to me. I know what I saw and I shared so if this is how you are going to make people feel on your site, then I'll have no problem leaving it and spreading the word. It is people like you that cause drama.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
And its people like you that people like us make fun of because you help define the word idiot.

Look, why would someone spend another grand or so on an already decently priced SRT to make it look normal? I wouldnt even think an SXT bumper would house a FMIC, espically one the size of the SRT's.

Did you even hear a turbo? Blow off valve? Anything? You dont have enough inofrmation other than some ass had you fall for his "i have a de-badged SRT" BS to make it even sound remotely like it was an SRT.

Everyone makes mistakes and fall for others lines, thats half the story of street racing. Just admit your wrong like all of here have at one point or another during our tc.com career and call it a day. Nobody will care.

Or you could just stay the bullheaded pleeb that your acting like and well all just make fun of you while you stubbornly try to defend yourself

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
i would have to agree w/doug&vtec, i dont think anyone would disbadge there srt, plus when you saw him coming up did you see an intercooler or anything there is no mistaking a srt to a neon

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
im not sure what happened, but i do know that a 7th gen (particularly modified) should without a problem, walk on a a stock neon sxt or neon se. the 130hp equipped neons run mid-high 16's. same amount of power as the 7th gen, but more weight.

but at the same time, logic tells me an srt-4 would, short of the celi being turbo'd or supercharged, stomp a celi gt. either way, i wasnt there, so i dont know exactly what went down.

but instead of assuming that tommy narrowly beat an sxt because he cant drive im just going to go with, he narrowly beat an srt, because the srt's driver cant drive. either way, the moral of the story is street racing is bad, so dont do it.

p.s. i would definately debadge an srt.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Originally posted by Tommy2k17@Nov 29 2005, 04:22 PM
Call it what you want, if you were not there then it doesn't matter to me. I know what I saw and I shared so if this is how you are going to make people feel on your site, then I'll have no problem leaving it and spreading the word. It is people like you that cause drama.
I'm sorry you feel bad, but I don't think anyone is trying to personally attack you. This is a message board for open discussions. If you decide to post something on the internet for everyone to see, don't expect everyone to agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their own point of view. (It took me a little while to realize this myself
) Sometimes stuff gets a little out of hand and feelings get hurt, which is understandable.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, though; it sounds like it was pretty exiting and weather it was an SRT4 or not isn't really all that important.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I run a 03 GT with many mods. I also have a 05 SRT-4.

I can see the gt winning against my srt because the 05 has a 125 limiter. I dont know if the stage one eliminates this because I know the earlier editions had no limiter and could attain around 150 top speed.

Also when me and the wife raced down the on ramp the celi held its own untill I got about 14 psi. then I started to pull on her. This is starting at about 35 at full song. I honestly feel that until the srt hits12 + psi my celi can hang with it. After that goodnight!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts