Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>I just picked up a copy of the spring 2004 issue of Speed magazine.  They have a short article and picture of the next generation Celica.  It looks like the picture that was in the other post about the 8th gen celica.
The magazine says:
"The racy Celica is due for a major makeover, and it sounds like it will not only be better looking than the current version, but more powerful as well.  Underneath the hood will be a 2.4 liter inline 4 that's rumored to pump out about 230 bhp.  The engine is developed by Yamaha, which also developed the current Celica GT-S powerplant.
Our sources tell us that the car is being designed on the Caldina platform, a japan market only car.  If this is true, then a turbocharged all wheel drive Celica is within the realm of possibility.  Let's hope it happens because Toyota can seriously use a boost in the sporty-image department."

I agree.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>O...M...G.... NO WAY!!!! This sucks hairy goat balls!  They are making an awesome new celica and they won't even release it here!  Now... it'll be nice not to have to worry about the new celi's being faster than me :blush: , BUT it sucks that they didn't put that engine and power into the 7th gens body!

And yes, other than the MR2 Spyder and the celi, there is nothing else for toyota in the "sporty-image" department, especially if they pull the celi from US marketing there's ONLY the Spyder.  I saw a Spyder today, and they are DAMN tiny!  And my celi looks better
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>
Originally posted by WishIHadAStick+April 11 2004,9:37-->QUOTE (WishIHadAStick @ April 11 2004,9:37)
<!--QuoteBegin-Meryem13
@April 12 2004,12:30
This sucks hairy goat balls!
mmmmmm, hairy goat balls (drools)[/B]
Ewwwwwww! I always knew you were "different"  
o:   Want some salt with that?  :laugh:

The Supras havn't been released in the states for years, and it won't be a while til they do bring it back, like Wish said.

Yeah I think the Yaris is only in Europe, I have seen them in Turkey but none here in the states... not my cup of tea!</font>

·
Registered
760 Posts
<font color='#000000'>That Yaris/Vitz thing looks like a toy wanna be of the GTI.

Them turbo MR2's are neat, a friend of mine has an old '91.
As for the spyders, here are the options available...

MR2 Spyder options
I think the steering wheel shift buttons would be kinda sweet
. Doesnt say anything about turbos
... such a shame...</font>

·
Registered
760 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>that would be too cool if it were possible
.</font>

·
Registered
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>about the turbo MR2 question, its not turbo.  I cant believe toyota even calls it an MR2...the current generation is a disgrace to the name.  Its underpowered, ugly, and goes 0-60 in 8.3 seconds.  Thats pathetic...the last turbo MR2 (back in the 90's) went from 0-60 in 6.2 seconds..a ferrari competitor...i even saw an old magazine ad for it that compared it to a ferrari  

I would die for a 90's MR2, even a non turbo one...ohhh...so sexy! :blush:</font>

·
Registered
760 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Yea, my friend has an old mr2 turbo, its so sweet, i wish he hadnt done what he did with his exhaust, it used to have a nice low grumble to it, now it sounds like any other "rice rocket" out there.... The sound of it sickens me, but the sheer amount of speed it has makes up for it i guess. I want him to come with us to the track next time we go, just to see what it gets, but he's too lazy :sleepy:.... :glare:</font>

1 - 20 of 36 Posts