Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Ok I was watching Monster Garage last night on tv and I saw them making up some clear coat paint and just threw in some sparkles.... *Glitter*. I was wondering how much, if anyone has any idea, it would cost to get a clear coat with some glitter! That sh*t was saweet!!! Well lemme know please! P.S. I miss ya guys, sorry I've just been so busy! Hope everyone is having a good week.</font>

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
<font color='#348EA9'>I guess that is not most easiest operation to do and along that way not cheap either.. but anyways those look very good. i have seen few cars (old american ones) with large flakes and looked very catchy.

TVR rainbow paint is cool also but that is very expensive when i last time saw its prices few years ago.

i hope someone wiser can find price for ya, anyways i try make some searches =)</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>That WOULD look hot, but that goes in the realm of custom paint I would think, therefore not so cheap... but still cheaper than a reg paint job since it's clear and therefore not as difficult to put on I assume... I'm sure someone here would have an idea... you can also try calling a few shops in your area
 Good luck!
</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>I dont thinks its possible to just through clear coat on a paint job thats been finished for so long. to my knolege it has to be put on within 24 hours of the paint job. most likely its just a metalic flake added to the clear. shouldnt be that much the clear coat would cost more.</font>

·
Registered
93 Posts
<font color='#000000'>murpheys girl: Glitter paint ay?? Ok yes it looks f*cking awsome! but VERY expensive!! there's about 6 or 7 cars going around Adelaide with glitter paint jobs, alot of others with pearl and a couple with camilian (TVR rainbow) but u gotta watch out which colour glitter you choose coz it can just make the car look like its dirty...
Glitter paint is around about the same amount as pearl and camilian... its about AU$400-$700 PER LITRE! and u would need at least 3L's then u gotta pay for the labour... you looking at a good $4000....
If i didnt know the guys that did my paint job, i woulda been paying about $4500 for mine... and i've got the pearl!!!
jhull.... U can easily put a clear coat on top of an old paint job, u just gotta make sure that the clear is done in 2pac.
Hope that helps u out a bit... and if u ever do ur paint job.. be sure to post pictures!!!
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>they may have to sandwich it... like 1 coat clear, 1 coat glitter clear, and 1 coat clear on top again.

BTW:
$1 Australian dollar = $0.68 US cents
$400 AUD = $275.58 USD
$700 AUD = $482.22
$4,000 AUD = $2,755.54 USD

</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font color='#000000'>that would be cool but i allways thoght the sparkels were in the paint i did an 82 celica supra in burgandy with sparkells and it was in the paint i loved it then my @$$ of a dad sold it for 600$ and it ran strong sad day in my life.......
......well good luck on you paint job</font>

·
Registered
93 Posts
<font color='#000000'>ok about this paint... clear coat or in the paint debate... for starters.... its not even a paint... it comes exactly how u would see glitter in a shop.. its more of a powder... it then gets mixed with a base and turns into a weird colour! then that goes on the base coat and then after that it will get a clear coat overtop...
wil-gts ur thinking about metallic paint... that is paint that comes with alot of shine.. but if u do really want the glitter or flakes it comes as a powder that u mix in.. there are a couple of metallic paints out there that look like this but if u want the real effect then go for the real stuff!!!</font>

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font color='#000000'>Man, I figured it would be expensive, but OUCH. But yeah definitely would look very original... not alot of people have it. I was first going to just do pearl white, but then I saw what they did on Monstar Garage, and how it looked when it was done... AMAZING. I'll do anything to get that done. Well I will definitely post some pictures of it. Thanks for all the info everyone!!  :D</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts