Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>I'm used to driving things like 240sxs and 300ZXTs, although I've dabbled with a 93 Mazda 626, but this is my first foray into Toyota. Can someone tell me what would be the first few things I could do to try to push a little more power out of my stock 87 Celica GT. I'm not looking to turn the thing into a monster, just make it a lot more responsive and cut a little off of my 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. On my 626 (which had a 2.0L DOHC plant similar to the one in the celica) I noticed substantial gains in responsiveness and speed just by doing a few things like cleaning the throttle body, using better plug wires and adding in a simple cone air filter. What I want to know is what you guys think we be the cheapest and easiest things to do to this engine to get a little more pep out of it. It doesn't matter how small or insignificant it may be I'd just like to know what you guys think. Here's what I'm thinking right now, but feel free to add to it:

1.) new Monza exhaust
2.) cone air filter mounted inside of hoodscoop (I just happen to have one lying around)
3.) cleaning throttle body
4.) upgrading to better plugs, wires, ignition system
5.) install an electric fan for better engine cooling</font>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts