Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000080'>Opinions?

I say if it lowers the freakin gas prices, let's blow those bastards off the face of the planet  :D ...

Just kidding!  

I think the US needs to leave Saddam alone, what has he done wrong?
What ever happened to Bin Laden??

The US needs to focus on it's own people!</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Personally, IMHO, Korea poses a larger threat. In either case, I'm against war.... my best friend and my half brother are both in boot camp right now, so it really sucks knowing that I could lose both of them...

On the other hand, I think France, Germany and Russia need to take their heads out of Saddam's A$$! Where have they been for the past 12 years?? Y'know France has oil deals w/ Saddam & I think Germany and Russia are just jumping on the anti-US bandwaggon... & isn't Hans Blix from Germany? So, they've got the UN by the ballz...twisting ever so slowly

Seriously though, a war w/ Iraq would probably end quickly. Hell, some of their troops just surrendered to the Brits, who were only training! They said the Iraqi soldiers were malnourished & dressed in rags...they let 'em go...& Saddam will probably kill them for being traitors...

Someone at work who's in the reserves brought up an interesting point. All Saddam has to do is lob a SCUD over at Isreal & that would probably start WWIII... I don't know enough of the facts to agree or disagree, but it's pretty scary...</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'><rant>
france stands to loose oil deals from a US involvemt in the gulf, germany... well i figure they havent cooked up any good oil deals so thats why they are p/o'd

saddam may well have defied a un resolution ... one.... how many have israel defied... 63 i believe is the current count. american politicians are too afraid to go after israel as too many prominant ie: rich  jews in america contibute too much to their coffers...

what i want to know is why the hell john howard is wanting to get involved. all i can say is that he better have cooked up a ####### good oil deal. we pay about $1AU / litre here  for sending aussies to war i say fuel should be hitting $0.60AU / L any less and i dont think the war would be justified.

saddam isnt a nice guy ppl seem to forget about the 3 million odd of his own citizens that have died by his hand during his reign of power. but i still dont think au should be involved..

</rant>

btw what do you ppl in the US think of little johhny howard ?

ill tell you that the general consensus here is that hes a f**k head.</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000080'>Good points!  Saddam hasn't really done anything wrong to other countries, so leave him the **** alone!  Korea is a major issue but no one seems to care...</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>QUOTE
Saddam hasn't really done anything wrong to other countries so leave him the **** alone!  [/B]
Saddam:

1980-88 Iran= Iraq war: Used chemical weapons against Iranian
people..Executed thousands of POW's as a matter of "Policy".

Late 1980's= "Afnal" campaign: Used poison gas on cities.  Which was one of the most worst single mass killings in recent history.....

1988= Iraq dropped chemical weapons on Halabja over 5,000 people died. (Mostly civilains killed.)

1990-1991= Crimes of humanity and war crimes against Iraq when they invaded and occuppied Kuwait.

*Crimes against humanity and possibly genocide against Iraqi Kurds in northern Iraq. This includes the destruction of over 3,000 villages.
*The Iraqi government's campaign of forced deportations of Kurdish and Turkomen families to southern Iraq has created approximately 900,000 internally displaced citizens throughout the country...

*Crimes against humanity and possibly genocide against Marsh Arabs and Shi'a Arabs in southern Iraq. Entire populations of villages have been forcibly expelled. Government forces have burned their houses and fields, demolished houses with bulldozers, and undertaken a deliberate campaign to drain and poison the marshes. Thousands of civilians have been summarily executed...

*Possible crimes against humanity for killings, ostensibly against political opponents, within Iraq.

Thats Saddams record with Iraq so far...I could keep going and show pictures, but I think I made my point.</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>all these things bar the invasion of kuwait are internal to iraq so.... he hasnt done anything to other nations directly however he is far from a saint i dont think anyone is trying to back him up saying hes a nice guy.

over recent years he has been backing up palistinian suicide bombers against israel by offering monetary support to the famlies of martyrs.

he isnt a nice guy but you have to be a bit skeptical when there are plenty of others out there that are questionably as bad but arnt floating on oil .......</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font color='#000080'>It's easy to point out the things that have happened but what do you suppose the reason is?  Ticketboy are you saying that he did this stuff just to be a jerk?  That wouldn't make much sense would it.  He's a leader (far be it a good one) and people follow him because he obviously has some motive.

World domination??  Doubtful
Killing people in Iran and Kuwait for fun??  Yeah right

If he needed to be brought down so badly the entire UN would back the US's campaign to attack right?

He doesn't pose a threat to the US.  He's not stupid, we'd f*** him up if he did mess with anything.  We are the opressors in this situation, and it is wrong for our nation to shed blood, ours or theirs, because of alligations he is "picking on Iran" or whatever BS excuse the US gov't is feeding the American people.</font>

·
Registered
424 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i agree with u guys about korea.........but my moms told me that the only reason we r going after saddam is because he threatened to kill bush sr.????  as for bin laden= kill the towel wrapper...even saddam........now korea says that they have something that can reach cali.........ooooooooooooooooo   thats a little scarry........dont we have a lot of #### that can reach them faster  they shouldnt really be fu**ing with us........and russia  granted they r giving saddam manual colon stimulation, they have their maor weapons pointed at us as we do them...been that way for years........same with china or japan which ever i dont know........as mr. j said  this whole thing with irag will end real quick  did last time.......but then we have to worry about russia and korea  even china/japan......and our only ally (al-i)  would be england  woohoo.......it seems as if everyone is against us right now except england-brits.........and i think its just another ploy to win presidency again for another term like his dad did......i think i have said enough..i dont follow the news too much cuz its boring.......</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Kill em all let god sort em out
ERRR!!!!</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by 1exquizitcelica@Mar. 15 2003,7:09
<font color='#000000'>i agree with u guys about korea.........but my moms told me that the only reason we r going after saddam is because he threatened to kill bush sr.????  as for bin laden= kill the towel wrapper...even saddam........now korea says that they have something that can reach cali.........ooooooooooooooooo   thats a little scarry........dont we have a lot of #### that can reach them faster  they shouldnt really be fu**ing with us........and russia  granted they r giving saddam manual colon stimulation, they have their maor weapons pointed at us as we do them...been that way for years........same with china or japan which ever i dont know........as mr. j said  this whole thing with irag will end real quick  did last time.......but then we have to worry about russia and korea  even china/japan......and our only ally (al-i)  would be england  woohoo.......it seems as if everyone is against us right now except england-brits.........and i think its just another ploy to win presidency again for another term like his dad did......i think i have said enough..i dont follow the news too much cuz its boring.......</font>
<font color='#000000'>korea has in all truth posed a threat not only to america but also to major us interests in the pacific. ie: japan, south korea, australia, taiwan etc etc. Kim Jong Il has posed a threat to areas around him for many years but it has been more of a quiet standoff. up until the last few years when imho he has started doing dumb stuff... like firing test missiles over japan, toating how good his army is, telling everyone about his nuclear weapons etc etc.

iraq has the unfortunate fact that it is floating on billions of dollars worth of oil. why was afganastan such a juicy oppourtunity when yemen was home to just as many terrorists ? so the US can run an oil pipeline though afgans. into pakistan and transoprt russian oil to the US. noticed how bush hasnt critisized pakistan for their ownership of nuclear weapons ? simply becasue they need their help to get the oil through.

im not getting stuck into the american people here becasue i can appreciate having a leader that takes no real heed of what his populace are saying. and im sure that the brittish are saying the exact same thing.

its just ironic how the line between ally and foe can shift around. rember how did saddams troops get equiped and trained ? funded by american government.

where did bin-laden get his training and equipment ? CIA when he was fighting russians.

[/rant]</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font color='#000080'>I am totally for bombing the middle east into a parking lot but it had better damn well be for the right reasons.  This "war" is all for political gain not the betterment of the US or the world.  Considering the atrocity of 9/11 the US has been pretty cool headed when they could have sent afghanistan back to the stone age and if this was the reason for going to war, fine.  But it isn't...</font>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts