Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers seat wont recline.I unbolted both sides from backrest.The door side released with connecting pipe free but ebrake side wont and is the connecting pipe suppose to come off ebrake side hinge.Its got some rust but it wont turn or pry off.Anybody have any tips ,tired of driving on a 5 gallon bucket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those seat frames are made of cheaper metal and when they get to rusting its best just to replace the seat and seat frame. They have cheap options for $400 or name brand for $1200 (both front seats) if you are tall or like good daily seat corbeau makes a fx1 tall or wide seat with adjustable or fixed brackets. That's what I have and I love them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those seat frames are made of cheaper metal and when they get to rusting its best just to replace the seat and seat frame. They have cheap options for $400 or name brand for $1200 (both front seats) if you are tall or like good daily seat corbeau makes a fx1 tall or wide seat with adjustable or fixed brackets. That's what I have and I love them.

Thanks for the reply.I put the seat back.it was froze.I can ljve with the position its in. tried blaster,superzilla,and vice grips it wouldnt budge.Im good for now until the passenger seat gets rigamortis .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts