Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
i've got a scary story. i think i told everyone about my wreck earlier this year, but today something awful happened. i was driving normal, like 60mph (really) and all of the sudden my car starts to grind and won't drive. i pulled ovetr asap, to notice transmission fluid pouring out! i found some tranny parts on the ground where i pulled over. so my tranny has this hole in it now any i have the money to fix it, but i've put like ten grand into fixing this car and suping it up.i don't know what to do  :butbut: . i love my car, i really don't want any other car. but i think this is getting rediculous paying so much money. and what really sucks is i am in the middle of my turbo project, my dream to make my own turbo 5sfe. i t just really pisseds me off.
 i haven't put more than 3000 miles on it this year, granted i went to boot camp.
i don't know what to do. i can't sell the thing, first because it's my baby and second it isn't worth anything broke.
what do i do? i am almost at tears....
update
i checked for salvaged tranny's $350
but still i don't know if i can just keep pouring money into this thing.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Redswan that's terrible, I hope everything works out for you although it rarely does

The scariest thing I've ever had happen other than high centering my car on a boulder was when I was driving to work about a week ago.  I was driving down our little two lane highway like I always do and the truck in front of me decides to turn left.  I slowed down almost to a stop and gave him plenty of room (about two car lengths) to turn.  He just gets out of my way when this other truck comes screeching up behind me, I laid down on the gas as quick as I could and got out of there.  If I would have had to sit there a split second longer my back end would have been trashed not to mention what would have happened to me.  Now I'm review mirror paraniod!  

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, I hate people who don't pay attention to stopped or slowing traffic ahead...
I might as well post a little story...soon after I got my Celi, I was coming home at about 9pm after getting her washed, when all of a sudden we get showered w/ rocks, dirt & other debris! I had no idea where it came from, but I pulled over and when the dust settled, I saw a car totalled on the other side of the street (which had trees in the center divide). I quickly got back in and drove up to where I could turn around and went back to see wtf...
turns out a girl, probably drunk (it was the weekend when all the high schools have grad night or prom..can't remember which), was speeding in a p.o.s., lost control, hit a tree in the center divide, spun around and went backwards up the hill on the right side of the road and into a tree and fence.
She was unconsious when I got there, but when the CHP and ambulance arrived, she must have come to cuz she started screaming.
I gave the CHP my info so I was in the police report, but it turns out she didn't have insurance and when I went to check out where she lives & then where the people live who the car was registered to, I knew I wasn't going to get anything...'cept maybe an ass kicking...
I ended up having to pay for a new windshield (several cracks & chips), new headlight lamps (holes right through), but I still have chips in the paint all over the place...
I'm sure you know how I feel about low life trash w/out auto insurance...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts