Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed out the valve cover gasket and distributor o-ring, and now the RPMs are not registering. What wire ir sensor controls that? Also I have a puddle of something under the car. Seemed like a mix of oily coolant. :cry:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Distributor sends a signal to the ecu regarding rpm. Ecu sends a signal to igniter. Igniter controls the coil and sends a signal to the tach.

Coolant on ground , where? Front/back of Engine. Left/right of centerline?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Distributor sends a signal to the ecu regarding rpm. Ecu sends a signal to igniter. Igniter controls the coil and sends a signal to the each.

Coolant on ground , where? Front/back of Engine. Left/right of centerline?

The puddle looks like it was right under the dizzy. I think I might not have seated the it properly. I'll recheck it tomorrow.

And the liquid could have been oil. It just seemed too thin. Then again it could have been mixed with penetrating fluid.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I loosened the dizzy mounting bolt, and reseated it. that fixed the RPMs not showing. I think I might have to pull the VC and re-seat that. I didn't let the gasket maker cure long enough, or at all really!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I loosened the dizzy mounting bolt, and reseated it. that fixed the RPMs not showing. I think I might have to pull the VC and re-seat that. I didn't let the gasket maker cure long enough, or at all really!
You probably touched the pigtail and thus reconnected broken wire. I had to replace my pigtail to the dizzy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
PS, I fixed my signal post, igniter sends signal to tach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts