Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m new here and admittedly I don’t know a lot about cars let alone Celicas. I just inherited a first gen liftback from my late grandfather, engine runs and transmission seems good so that’s promising.
However there are holes in the driver and passenger side floor, driver side rocker panel needs to be replaced, fuel and brake lines are on the verge of rotting out, brakes themselves rusted up, among a few other things.
A friend’s mechanic tells me he can do this stuff but that it might be a hassle finding parts etc and suggested I check out a forum or local Toyota club...
Do you guys have any advice or experience with something like this? I don’t care if it costs me $5-6k Canadian to get it fixed up but I just want to hear some input on how I should go about this and how hard it would be to find some of the parts I mentioned.
Sorry if this isn’t enough info or something, like I said I don’t know much, but I really want to have this car on the road

·
Registered
204 Posts
Memories. . .

Brake parts and common maintenance items can be found at sites like rockauto.

For less common items like body parta, you'll need to find them at junkyards. Get comfortable with a site like toyodiy.com. It provides Toyota part numbers for your vehicle and more importantly, shows a where used xref showing what other model/years that also have that part installed. This will increase your likelihood of finding the part.

Get used to hitting sites like car-part.com and row52.com for the used parts. They are aggregation sites for junkyards.

Your floorpan can be repaired by any decent rebuilder or custom builder. These are not normal body shops. But rather, shops that do custom metal work.

Your rocker panel is going to be the tough one. My quick search of car-part etc didn't show any parts cars available. Fortunately, rocker panels are on the relative ready side of a custom metal shop to make.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts