Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I need to replace the abovementioned hose. Is this best done from above (from where it can hardly be reached) or below (from where it can hardly be reached) or both?

I also need to replace the rear engine mount. I THINK I need to remove the side-to-side suspension crossmember to do this job. If I do remove the crossmember, does that make the power steering hose replacement easier?

Adrian
Wellington
NZ

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can’t state too much on the high pressure PS line since I have the 5SFE but I did do the front and rear motor mounts on my 98 a long time ago. You shouldn’t need to remove the crossmember. However, you need to remove the center member. Now, mind you, I don’t know if the 3SFE has the same configuration underneath as the 5SFE.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the reply!

On this 1995, there is a crossmember that goes from side to side, between the wheels - and another member that goes from the middle of the crossmember up to the front of the car. I guess that's the one that you refer to as the center member?

You can take that member out without removing the crossmember? Do I need to support the motor, or is the member "unloaded", as it were?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts