Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Im currently in the process of replacing my rear wheel bearings on my Celica GTS

I've managed to remove the four screws on the back of the wheel bearing that is holding it in place,now I have also unclipped the ABS sensor and it ain't budging!! I've tried pulling it out but no luck!

Am I missing a trick?? am I supposed to hammer it off???

Any advice or info would be much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
649 Posts
I did mine this last summer and the way I did mine was to remove the entire assembly,then I placed the spool on top of pieces of stud material so the center (bearings) were suspended then took a hammer and smacked them out,use WD-40 1st to loosen up the rust in there. Be sure you dont bent the rear dust shield.Going back in was very easy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have both the wheel hub assembleys out, I had to buy both as I don't think my back brakes were ever changed(by the last owner)and the calliper screws snapped inside the assembly!!!

I have the wheel hub assembly from the Celica GT but I understand it is compatible with the GT-S as the callipers brakes and discs are compatible

Thanks for the advice I was beginning to think I had to get them pressed out

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Guys

Im currently in the process of replacing my rear wheel bearings on my Celica GTS

I've managed to remove the four screws on the back of the wheel bearing that is holding it in place,now I have also unclipped the ABS sensor and it ain't budging!! I've tried pulling it out but no luck!

Am I missing a trick?? am I supposed to hammer it off???

Any advice or info would be much appreciated

Thanks
A lock clip holds the connector in.

Push the tab behind the connector down to release the lock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts