Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it need to be programmed for the car or anyone works? This sites seems legit. Any experiences with it? According to it the ecu is programmed to your VIN number

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't know if it HAS to be but it sure helps. Here's my story.
Bought a '91 eBay Celica GT convert. It had issues to say the least, ran...barely. I replaced every under the hood component that was bolted down. Wouldn't start and everything seem to boil down to the ecu. After a day of taking the dash and interior apart to find the brain and removing it I find that it was a bone yard replacement...part numbers written in paint pen etc. I called the same place that you have listed here and they were very helpful. I ordered a rebuilt one and yes they needed the VIN which I gave them over the phone. The gal (person) looked up the number and told me exactly what I had down to the color and accessories. Took a cc number and a few weeks later I received the ecu with a tag on it that corresponded with the VIN. After install and turning on the key more bells, whistles, lights and accessories lit up than I new the car originally had. I would go that route again. I did have a problem with shipping, it was later than expected but when I called them they found the ecu finished but still on the bench and sent it out the next day and deducted the shipping cost off the original price so I got free shipping.
I would go with them again. I think they are based in Homestead, FL. if not mistaken.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't know if it HAS to be but it sure helps. Here's my story.
Bought a '91 eBay Celica GT convert. It had issues to say the least, ran...barely. I replaced every under the hood component that was bolted down. Wouldn't start and everything seem to boil down to the ecu. After a day of taking the dash and interior apart to find the brain and removing it I find that it was a bone yard replacement...part numbers written in paint pen etc. I called the same place that you have listed here and they were very helpful. I ordered a rebuilt one and yes they needed the VIN which I gave them over the phone. The gal (person) looked up the number and told me exactly what I had down to the color and accessories. Took a cc number and a few weeks later I received the ecu with a tag on it that corresponded with the VIN. After install and turning on the key more bells, whistles, lights and accessories lit up than I new the car originally had. I would go that route again. I did have a problem with shipping, it was later than expected but when I called them they found the ecu finished but still on the bench and sent it out the next day and deducted the shipping cost off the original price so I got free shipping.
I would go with them again. I think they are based in Homestead, FL. if not mistaken.
CORRECTION!!!!
Sorry abut the mix-up. company I dealt with was called "all computer resources" but I'm sure Flagship would work for you.
Check this out if you want.
All Computer Resources : Auto Computer Experts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts